Change in Plans

CHICK: (from the television screen.. obviously) That's right, viewers who are just tuning in! The interdimensional war that lasted over the span of a singular day has finally come to an end.

REN: HOW THE HELL-

STEW: "How the hell is that even possible?" is what we're all wonderin', right Chick?

CHICK: Correct, Stew. Here to answer that question for us and more is a live presentation of the official press conference taking place on the very field this confusingly complicated crossover began on. Let's see what Princess Lianna of Gristonne has to say.

The newsfeed cuts to LIANNA, ROWAN, ZELDA, and Y/N sitting behind a table at a press conference. Several reporters can be heard and seen, and the entirety of the two armies are out of frame.

SCOTT: (saddened) Y/N...

LIANNA: After some thought, we decided that fighting isn't going to do us any good if we're going to find the prophesied six. (looks to Y/N) Well, it was more so their idea. Gotta give some credit to where it's due.

Y/N: (awkwardly) Thanks.

ZELDA: We are currently aware of four of these individuals, though only one is unnamed.

MORTY: (to REN) I think that's you!

TEXAS ROBIN: Ah reckon so.

We cut back to the live news broadcast where Chick and Stew are sitting at their desk.

CHICK: Yes, folks, the identity of this fourth individual is unknown. (A beat) At least to those at the panel, because we have an exclusive insider interview revealing who this mysterious fourth person is! Roll the Mr. Moseby clip!

Everyone in House Amiyama, MORTY included, feel their stomachs plummet as a prerecorded interview between STEW and a well-dressed stranger on the TV. The on-screen text reads his name. DARK PIT gasps.

MR. MOSEBY: I'm not from this world and am eagerly awaiting to return to mine. I've been binging the news as of late, and when I was in Walmart to get war supplies, I saw them. I overheard them talk about the prophecy, and I took a photo on my phone!

MR. MOSEBY holds up his cell phone, which the camera zooms in on. It's a low-quality Android pic but it's good enough to identify REN and the others.

DARK PIT: (angrily) The Moseeeb.

TINA-CHAN: (gasps, to DARK PIT) He's from your dimension?!

CHICK: The person has been identified as Ren Amiyama, the same person who had previously sent us information about the prophecy from their personal email address.

Everyone slowly turns to REN, pure and restrained anger clear on their faces. REN steps back uncomfortably and tries to act casual.

REN: L-like Hannah Montana once said, "nobody's perfect, I gotta work it." So, uh, yeah. I'm gonna-

AKECHI: You're gonna what, Ren? Huh? Fuck us over some more, why don't you!

HARU: Not the time, dude...

AKECHI: (screaming) NOW IS THE PERFECT TIME! (with every sentence, he takes one more step towards REN) YOU JUST KEEP MAKING THINGS WORSE FOR US! INTERFERING WITH THE PROPOSAL! REACHING OUT TO YOUTUBERS WHO WOULD HAVE OTHERWISE NEVER REMEMBERED YOU AFTER TWO SECONDS! HOARDING THE OTHER PROPHESIED PEOPLE... GHOST... THINGS! WHATEVER! YOU EVEN CAUSED A WAR! AND HERE YOU ARE, ABOUT TO DROP ANOTHER IDEA THAT'S GOING TO BECOME ONE STEP CLOSER TO KILLING US ALL!