Chapter 4: The Betrayal

——————————🐉——————————

The door to the Dragon Gem opened and the three removed their shoes before entering. Namaar climbed the stairs to where Sisu's Gem was. (Y/n) grabbed Ray's arm.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" She whispered to him."

"Trust me, it'll be fine. You do trust me don't you?" He asked.

The girl nodded, and he took her hand and led her up the stairs.

Namaar gasped and bowed towards the Gem. "The spirit of Sisu. I can feel it." He said.

"It's the last bit of Dragon magic left in the whole world." Ray exclaimed.

"I see why Heart guards it so closely. Thank you Ray. You've been very helpful." Namaar's expression turned dark, as he kicked Ray in the back and knocked him to the floor. (Y/n) gasped.

"In a different world, maybe we could've been friends, but I have to do what's right for Fang."

Namaar headed towards the gem when (Y/n) stepped him front of him and pushed him away. She got into a fighting stance.

"(Y/n), move out of the way."

"No."

"I don't want to hurt you, dep la." Namaar said.

"Should've thought of that before you decided to stab us in the back." Ray said, standing next to her.

The three began to fight, (Y/n) and Ray doing everything they could to protect the gem. Tuk Tuk came up behind Namaar and started ramming into his ankle. Namaar kicked him away, which allowed Ray to kick him down.

Namaar fell to the ground and growled at Ray, before releasing a flare into the air.

...

"Chief Virana, I'm so glad Fang accepted our invitation." Chief Benja greeted the woman.

General (F/n) came behind Benja and tapped his arm and pointed out the window where they saw the flare go off. They also saw a groups of soldiers heading up the mountain towards the gem. Benja turned around and saw Chief Virana walking away.

...

"There's no way you're taking Sisu's Gem." Ray threatened.

"Sorry. It's Fang's now." Namaar smirked, and a bunch of Fang soldiers came up behind him, and surrounded the two.

Ray and (Y/n) shared a nervous look before they looked up and saw their father's coming down from an opening in the ceiling.

The two fought back the Fang soldiers with their extendable swords and stood protectively in front of the gem and their kids.

"You will not set one foot on the Dragon's Gems inner circle." Chief Benja threatened.

"What's going on?"

"What is this?"

"Fang's making a play for the gem!"

"No! Spine should have the gem!"

"Not if we get to it first."

"Our blades say different."

The other lands had crowded into the room and were now arguing over the gem.

Benja and (F/n) shared a look and looked at their kids.

"Listen to us!" (F/n) commanded. "We have a choice."

"We can tear each other apart, or we can come together and build a better world. It's not too late. We still believe we can be Kumandra again." Benja announced, putting his sword away.

Two crossbows raised up and aimed at the two leaders. They fired, and they both blocked the arrows from hitting their chests. Instead, they got lodged in their thighs.

"Ba!" Ray and (Y/n) exclaimed and ran towards their fathers.

The other lands ran towards the gem and knocked the four down. They all starts fighting over the gem, until they dropped it and it broke into five pieces. Everyone paused in shock as they ground started to rumble and a big purple ball of smoke rose out of the ground.

"Druun." Benja said.

The Druun consumed a warrior and then multiplied. Benja grabbed a piece of the gem and held it up, scaring the Druun away.

"There's still magic in them. Get the pieces!"

"No!" (Y/n) and Ray shouted, but they were shoved aside, as each land got a piece of the gem.

Namaar ran forward and tried to grab (Y/n)'s arm to stop her from being trampled, but Ray pushed him away.

"Don't touch her!" He snarled, and pulled (Y/n) towards their father.

Namaar was pulled away by his mother and everyone else fled.

"Ba! Come on, we gotta go!" Ray shouted as he and (Y/n) helped them up.

They also grabbed their swords and started to run when (F/n) turned around and noticed that the Druun shrank away from water.

"They're repelled by water. Hurry! Get to the river!"

...

The four made it to the bridge, but Benja and (F/n) collapsed.

"Ba, get up please!" (Y/n) cried.

"Ba, we have to keep going. Get up!" Ray begged. "Ba! We don't have time."

"Stand up! We'll help..." (Y/n) said.

"Ray, (Y/n) you hav to listen. You two are the guardians of the Dragon Gem." Benja told them.

"Ba, why are you saying this?" Ray asked.

"There's still light in this. There's still hope." Benja held up his piece of the Dragon Gem.

"No! We can make it together." (Y/n) sobbed, clutching her fathers shirt.

"Ray, don't give up on them. And protect (Y/n), I know how much she means to you." Benja handed Ray the Dragon Gem piece and kissed his forehead. "I love you my dewdrop."

"And I love you my little moondrop." (F/n) hugged his daughter and kissed her head.

"Ba?"

Benja and (F/n) nodded at each other before they were both thrown over the bridge and into the river.

"No!" Ray and (Y/n) cried, as they saw both their fathers be turned to stone by the Druun.

They landed in the river and resurfaced. Ray grabbed (Y/n) and held her to him as they both drifted down the river, watching their father's get smaller and smaller.

Once they had gotten to dry land, (Y/n) collapsed onto her knees and cried into her hands. Ray immediately wrapped his arms around her and hugged her. He kissed her forehead and let her cry into his shoulder while he shed a few tears himself. He swore that from that day forward, he wouldn't trust anyone except for (Y/n), and that he would get revenge on that Binturi for making her cry. Even if it was the last thing he ever did.

——————————🐉——————————

Ray and the Last Dragonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें