Chapter 11: Sisu's Death

——————————🐉——————————

"And that's how the land of Fang rose, in spite of all the monsters that wanted to destroy us. Because we're smart, resilient, and we take care of one another." Chief Virana explained to a group of children sitting around her.

"Mother! We need to talk." Namaar interrupted.

"It's Prince Namaar!" One kid announced.

"Alright, alright, now run along, kittens. I have to speak with the Prince." The chief announced.

"Mother, you won't believe what I saw." Namaar breathed excitedly.

"You saw a dragon." She answered. "The general informed me that you'd be returning home without the gem pieces."

"Is was Sisu. She can fix what we broke. She can bring everyone back." Namaar insisted.

"And that's what scares me. When everyone comes back, who do you think they'll come for? You forget, the other lands blame us for what's happened." His mother reminded.

"But we...we never meant for anyone to get hurt." Namaar argued.

"Yes, but if we had the dragon and the gem pieces, we would be forgiven. We could save the world. But more importantly, our people would remain safe." Chief Virana explained.

"But Ray and (Y/n) wouldn't just give Sisu to us." Namaar pointed out.

"We're not going to give them a choice."

"What are you going to do?" Namaar asked.

"That's no longer your concern my love. You've done enough."

...

"If he refuses to help, we've just flushed our tactical advantage into the dung pot." Tong said.

"I know."

"Yeah. He really has no reason to help us." Boun added.

"I know!"

"This jerky is terrible." Sisu commemted.

"I know!!!"

"Are you sure those four miniature menaces will be successful?" Tong asked.

"I don't know."

...

The Ongis and the con baby managed to sneak past the guards and make it up to Namaar's room. He was sitting on his bed looking at the ring you gave him. He was hoping that whatever his mother had planned wouldn't bring you any harm.

He was snapped out of this thoughts when something was thrown onto his windowsill.

"Huh?" He wondered, making his way over to it.

He opened the package and read the note that came with it, before inspecting the Sisu pendant he had given to Ray and (Y/n).

...

(Y/n) was leaning against Ray's shoulder watching Namaar's window. Ray sighed and wrapped his arm around (Y/n)'s waist.

"Ugh, there's too much spice." Tong complained.

"Uh, no. There's too much bamboo." Boun countered.

"What do you know, you have the taste buds of a tall baby." Tong retorted.

"Well you dress like a tall baby." Boun sassed.

"Give me the spoon! I'm taking over!" Tong demanded.

"Back off tidal wave. I'm the professional here." Boun said.