The Women's Thoughts

Bhima then turns to go to his room. Enraged, Duryodhana tries to retaliate, but Karna signs him to calm down and follows Bhima to the Pandavas chambers. Karna does not know why things have turned out this way, but he prays to the gods to give him the strength to face the upcoming struggles in his life.

In the Pandava's Common Room -

Karna is unsure of what will happen to him. He is not afraid of his masters, but he cannot help but fear his situation. These five brothers always hated and insulted him since he was a Suta who dared to pick up weapons.

Karna saw his masters were about to head into the women's rooms and asked, "Where will I be sleeping tonight?"

Nakula turns towards Karna and rudely tells him, "Sleep in the common room for now. We did not anticipate that we would gain a slave."

Karna simply nods and goes to sit down in the corner of the common room. He pulls his knees up to his chest, puts his hands around them, closes his eyes, and rests his head against his knees. Karna does not sleep. He takes this moment of solitary to fall apart inside due to the events of the Sabha.

Karna feels saddened by his friend's actions. He knows his friend would have given anything to get Karna back, but he still felt broken inside. Karna knows that there is no way out of this situation for him. He just hopes Duryodhana has learned his lesson and will not try any more underhanded techniques to win over the Pandavas. One good thing that came out of this Sabha is that Gandhara Raja's manipulation of Duryodhana will finally end.

Inside Women's Common Room -

All of the Pandavas, Draupadi, and Kunti were sitting in a circle in the middle of the room. The Pandavas were explaining the happenings of the Sabha.

Draupadi was horrified at the events described by her husbands. Her husbands had been so close to losing everything and becoming slaves. She shuddered at the thought of what would have happened if the tables had not turned. Draupadi knew who was behind this happy turn of events. Her friend had come through for her after she had pleaded with him.

Flashback -

Draupadi was standing on the balcony of her chamber in Indraprastha. Her husbands had just received the invitation from their cousins to join a friendly game of Dyut. Mahamantri Vidura had warned Yudhishthira that the invitation was probably another plan of Gandhara Raja, but Yudhishthira would not listen. He said, "It is my dharma as a King to accept a game of Dyut."

Draupadi had a bad feeling about the invitation. She felt like something horrible was going to happen to her and her husbands. She felt like she would be powerless to stop the disaster. As Draupadi was sinking into the negative thoughts of the invitation, Krishna came to stand by her. Draupadi turns to her friend and says, "Sakha, I feel as though something horrible is to come. Something I can not stop."

Krishna turns to his friend with a sad expression adorning his face. He says, "Sakhi, everyone must face the consequences of their actions. A warrior's pride is a scary and fragile thing. Everyone must face karmafal; it is dharma. It is niyati Sakhi, something even I cannot stop without facing consequences."

Draupadi concedes, "It is true that I should not have laughed at Duryodhana and his brothers or ordered their weapons to be taken away, but I have sincerely felt sorry for my actions. Does that not grant me reprieve? Besides, the Kauravas are evil anyway."

"Sakhi, Duryodhana only became who he is due to how he was raised. As for his brothers, they would follow Duryodhana to hell without hesitation. Besides, Sakhi, do you not remember your other actions?" Krishna questions.