9

Devoured

When I got home, I changed into a red sleeveless high-slit dress. My hair was down, downstairs you can hear the electronic dance music vibrating through the floor. I give myself one last glance before I descend the stairs. 

A bunch of curious eyes look up at me, but the first person I see is him, Alexander. His sunglasses now resting on his hair. He doesn't break eye contact and I feel my body heat up again. 

Amber rushes over and gives me a wineglass.  I inwardly thank her for saving me from melting under his eyes. She takes my hand and takes me to our living room and straight to Jacob Elordi. 

"Oh wow," he extends his hand, I shake it. "It's Ms. Amborisa, the uprising Fashion director in our mist."

I put my hand by my side and offer him a smile. "And it's you, the Euphoria star." He laughs and nods. 

"Yup, that's me." I nod and look at Amber with a look, she gets the message, and I walk away. I make my way to the kitchen to see what I can eat, the food our chefs made was probably delicious. I make my way through the throng, and finally, make it to the kitchen.

I spot Marco, talking to a blonde woman who looked like a model. I let him be and joined the others as they grabbed a plate and served themselves. As I serve myself, I hear people cheer from the other space of the penthouse. I guess people were having fun. That was guaranteed. 

I grab a spoon and walk over to the sliding doors that lead to my inside pool. The walls were glass, the ceiling was stone, with a window that would be useful during the steaming hot days in the summer.

I plop down on a lounge chair by the pool and cross my legs. Sometimes, I preferred to be alone. I liked the moments when I wasn't surrounded by people every second of every day. I was usually in a room full of people, during meetings and planning out outfits, and whatnot. It was all chaos, this was my moment to just recline.

Perhaps, I was getting old, but everyone needs time for themselves once in a while. 

I eat my food and look at the view of New York, the lights shimmering around me. I could see the lamps from Central Park glow in the night. People walk down paths, but they looked like ants. I was a giant up here.

"Why are you all alone?" I look up and see Alexander by the sliding doors. He looks behind him and closes the door before he makes his way toward me. I grab my wineglass and swallow a mouth full.

I look at the view and ignore him as he takes a seat on the lounge chair beside me. I could feel his eyes digging a hole in the side of my face as I look at the city glow. "You're so reclusive," he says now.

I look over at him, our eyes meet, and he cocks his head. He's doing that studying me thing he did before. What exactly was he trying to find? The reasons why I was distant? The reasons my heart was reserved? Why do I peel myself off the rest of the world? 

I didn't want to eat anymore, I stand up and toss it in the garbage and slide the door open. I left him there and made my way to my room, I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone anymore. 

I walked up the stairs and then down the hall to my room. I walk to my window and slide it open before proceeding onto the balcony. When my door clicks open and closed, I ignore it. I place my hands on the railing and glance down at the busy streets of 59th.

I see him leaning against the railing beside me. What did he want? I just wanted to be alone, to soak in the pleasure of solitude. I didn't see anything wrong with that. I was exhausted, I woke up early and barely slept the past few days just thinking about him, and work.