DUMB MONKEYS

[Edited]

I woke up at four-thirty in the morning. Since I was up so early I thought of doing some yoga or running. I settled on the latter.
Without waking anyone up, I sneaked out of the house and ran to the jogging park, one kilometre from our colony.

I didn't even break a sweat as I reached the park. Barely anyone was there.                                      Great, I hate crowds or people in general, anyway. And I get anxious if someone watches me as I work out. That's the main reason I never went to the gym.

I returned home when the park started to fill with people.
When I got home, everyone was still asleep except for Mina, our maid.
She was cleaning the front yard.
"Good morning, Mina ma." I gave her a toothy grin.
"Good morning memsahib." She replied with a smile.

I made some black coffee and walked to our library plus study room.
The study room used to have three desks now merged as one large countertop. Dad, Diksh, and I used to study here together now it's only me.

I sat on my desk and opened my laptop. I did my company-related work, read some documents, and finished my pending work.
I don't bother Heer with my work, she only helps me with my meetings and investigations. And that's a lot in itself.
I am a preschool teacher by the day and the CEO of India's biggest game development company by night.
My anonymity triggered our company's popularity, so it was killing two birds with one stone.

By the time I was done, it was already seven and I needed to reach school by eight.
Everyone must be up by now. I walked out of my room (once our room) and into the living room, where Shiv and Diksh were playing with their daughter.
Kavita has been energetic since morning. She's the bundle of happiness that keeps us going.

Mom and Dad were lost in their love bubble on the porch and no one disturbed them. They are so cute. I admire their love so much. Even after sixty years, their love was still strong. 

"Guys, get Kavita ready for school, I'll get ready and meet you in the dining room soon," I said as I walked into my room.
I stripped and walked into my bathroom and stood under the shower. Only then did I realize today was Sunday.

"YOU DUMB MONKEYS, COULDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT TODAY WAS SUNDAY?" I yelled at my snickering brother and sister-in-law who were feeding Kavita.
"Well, I think you're the one who's the idiot for not realizing it." Diksh laughed.
"C'mon honey, give her credit for realising it faster this time," Shiv said and she burst out laughing as well.
"You're supposed to be my friend Shiv!" I accused her, more like whined like a kid.
"Well, this is what friends do." She high-fives Diksh.
"You- you just wait, I'll get back at you one day!" I huffed and I slumped in my seat.

_

Today I'm working my butt off. So that I can relax for the week, until and unless some complications arise, which it always does. It's the business world after all. One can't rest for a second if they're in a high position.
At least I think so.

Abhiraj's POV

I was working with Safiya, my business partner and childhood friend on a project, I'm planning to disclose at my company's tenth anniversary. We release a new and unique project to the public on the company's anniversary. Hence, everyone looks forward to my company's anniversary. At least, my business partners, investors, and loyal patrons do. 

This is an important project. There was no room for imperfection. Yet I kept thinking about a tall, brown-haired woman with onyx eyes. Her radiant smile, the way she coaxed Meghna.....

"Hello! Earth to Abhi!"
I clicked my tongue at Saf's behaviour.
"You were saying?" I asked.
"I called you three times and you didn't respond and you dare to click your tongue at me?" She stared at me like I had committed treason against her.                                                                                        I sighed and asked again, "What were you saying?"                                                                                             "I was saying......, leave it, tell me why are you so distracted today. You are never distracted when it comes to work, let alone when we're working on this!" She pointed at the scattered documents on my coffee table.

I let out a defeated sigh, "It's nothing." I said.
"Well, if you say so, but I'll keep prying. I need to know which lady captured your attention so badly." 
How did she know?  My expression gave away my thought before I could control it. Shit!
"Bingo! Now tell me who she is?" Tch she was bluffing. I internally slapped myself for falling for such an obvious ploy.
Of course, it was a bluff. How would she know anyway?
"She's a preschool teacher," I said truthfully. Safiya is annoyingly sharp at times like this. I'll only get myself into a bigger mess if I try lying to her. She'll probably beat my ass if I lie.
"How did, you meet her?"
"She's a teacher at Meghna's preschool. I met her when I went to pick her up."
"Ooh, love at first sight huh?" She teased me.
"No, I don't believe in love at first sight. It's just she left a lasting impression, also I think I've seen her somewhere before, I can't pinpoint where or how." I said.
"If she's a preschool teacher, then there's no way you've ever met here before, why do you think you've seen her before? Wait, I know, tell me her name." She said as she fisted her hands against each other.
"Myra Sharma," I said.
"Well, here're many Myra Sharma out there...." As if sudden realization hit her she picked up her phone from the coffee table and started to type something on it. I didn't interrupt, I didn't want to get hit.

"Found it!" She showed me her phone. It was an old tweet.

"Isn't it the scandal, Oberoi's son was caught up in?" I asked.
"Look who his fiancee was!" She urged.
I scrolled and there it was, Myra's picture with a long article below it.

"So, she was Pankaj's fiancee and got cheated on," I said as I looked up.

"You picked up a broken heart boy." She said with a nasty smirk.

____

A/N: I ended up writing yet another two chapters. Smh. I'm so failing my exams.

Happy reading

Updated A/N: You didn't fail but you're definitely failing now.

A/N: Ykw? I like Safiya's character and her personality.

Y'all have no idea how many times I have revised this chapter. I messed up big time while editing this the first time. Now I'm anxious to post it. If I find another mistake Imma cry. 

Updated A/N: me too