Five

Chapter 5

No Words Are Needed

Taking a deep breath, I wipe my tears again, knowing I must look a sight. My swollen eyes and red nose are the result of crying during my entire drive while mentally chanting, "I will not lose him" over and over. And now, as I pull up in front of his house, the chant becomes a verbal prayer.

"Please, God, don't let me lose him. Please. I just can't lose him."

Maneuvering my crutches on Liam's gravel drive is harder than I thought it would be and I briefly wonder if I will be able to make it to the door. But I needn't have worried, because as soon as I close my car door, Liam is here. Before I can say anything, he gently takes my face in his large hands and presses his mouth to mine, surrounding me with warmth, and stoking a fire inside me as only he can do. My crutches drop unheeded to the ground as I wrap my arms around his waist, melting against him.

"I love you, Liam," I whisper against his mouth, my fingers clutching him as he tightens his embrace. The passion in his kiss intensifies, the strength of his emotions rushing over me, making me dizzy with longing for him. With each brush of his lips against mine and the caress of his hands on my back, every part of me feels both languid and ready to fly apart at the same time.

"I love you, Vashti," he breathlessly responds against my lips. "I love you so much more than I imagined I could love anyone." I lift my arms from his waist to his neck, allowing my fingers to get lost in his silky unbound hair. Beneath the light of the full moon, we passionately stake our claim on one another, each sealing our heart to the other.

Liam finally draws back a little and stares down into my emotion-filled eyes. Quickly scooping me up in his arms, he carries me into the house. Instead of putting me down, he sits down on the sofa with me on his lap, holding me close, cradling me against his chest. It is a long while before we speak, as if words would have shattered the crystal prism of emotion surrounding us.

"I'm so sorry about my brother, Liam. There is no excuse for him other than he came into the world with idiot tendencies." When Liam chuckles, my heart warms. I press a hand to his face. "I love you."

"I love you, honey. And I don't ever want to be away from you again because it hurts too much."

Raining kisses from the scarred side of his face to the other, I whisper, "I promise that from this moment on, there will be no more hurting for either of us."