ii

PEACE ARMONI JONES
|17|

PEACE HUFFED LOWLY as she looked through the busy diner

PEACE HUFFED LOWLY as she looked through the busy diner. Her shift had just started and she knew it was going to be a long one. She just wondered why. Faye's Diner never really had a lot of customers on weekdays, only weekends. They would have about ten to twelve customers on a regular Monday. But today, they had over thirty customers.

"Listen Peace I know you shocked we got this many customers today but table five waiting on you boo." Her coworker, Janelle spoke as she wrapped Peace's apron around her.

Peace just nodded clipping hear name tag on her shirt as she made her way towards table five. Once she approached the table she seen the man from yesterday with a host of his friends. She fell shy under his gaze as he eyed her. Not bothering to look away.

"Hello my name is Peace and I'll be your waitress for today." Her low voice spoke. It was like music to his ears. A record that was playing, and he never wanted it to go off. "What can I get for you guys?"

A bunch of order were being called out at once making the young girl panic as she tried to write down everyone's order.

"Aye. Y'all need ta' chillout she can't hear all of y'all at once." The low, yet stern voice spoke.

Peace smiled softly as she began to take everyone's orders now, one by one. She looked over at Dayvon before pointing her pencil in his direction.

"And what can I get for you?" She questioned the older man.

"What you recommend gang?" He questioned as he looked her up and down.

"Um..the double bacon cheeseburger is really good. It's turkey bacon, not pork though." Peace spoke.

"Damn whatcha'll muslim innis' bitch?" He questioned tucking his bottom lip into his mouth ignoring the fact that his friends were there. He genuinely only brought them so he wouldn't seem weird for coming to her job and requesting for her to serve him.

"Yes Mrs. Faye did convert to Islam." Peace nodded staring into the brown orbs of the older man. "We don't really sell anything pork. Except for the smothered pork chops."

"Naw' it's cool foe' nem." He laughed lowly. "Let me get that burger ma. You say it's good right?"

"Yeah." She slightly blushed. "It's really one of the only things I eat here."

On the other side of town Misharron laid peacefully in her and Dayvon's bed on her phone. She felt a weird sensation. She quickly sat up in the bed before checking the AirTag that she had placed on Dayvon's car that he knew nothing about. Faye's Diner the location read. That name sounded so familiar for some reason she just couldn't remember from where.