Mistletoe

It's December 22nd, 2015 and Tony has decided to throw a Christmas party at the compound for the Avengers and their families.

After losing Pietro a few months back, Wanda lost the last member of her family. She was dreading this party, but you decided to make a deal with her. You would stay by her side for the whole night to make sure she wouldn't feel left out or alone. She was reluctant at first, but you convinced your best friend that it wasn't a problem for you. She was very grateful for how considerate you were being and you both shook on it.

Wanda looks stunning tonight wearing a gorgeous long red dress with accompanying red heels. Two braids that feed into a half-up, half-down look, her eyeliner perfectly even, and her lips scarlet red. She's taken your breath away.

We're about 3 hours into the party. You've talked a bit with Wanda, but also shared some laughs with Thor and Steve.

You and Wanda are standing together, not saying anything really, but then you look up and notice you're both standing under the mistletoe. You quickly stare at the floor as your cheeks turn pink, flustered. Your heart flutters when you're around the cute witch, but you can't tell if she feels the same way. Part of you doesn't want to know.

Wanda notices your lowered eye line and asks, "is everything okay?" "Mhm," you say nodding your head and keeping your eyes glued to the floor. She follows your eye line down to the floor to see if anything is wrong there but finds nothing. She looks around, trying to see if maybe you were avoiding looking at someone or something. You notice her eyes scanning the room and start to back away from under the mistletoe. You take one last glance at it, but Wanda catches you. You freeze, not knowing what to do next.

"What is this on the ceiling above us and why is it stressing you out?" Wanda doesn't know the concept of mistletoe as that wasn't really a thing back in Sokovia. You begin to say, "well, it- it's, uh—" "It's mistletoe." Tony says passing by. "You're supposed to kiss whoever is standing with you underneath it." The pink in your cheeks darkens to a red. Wanda is intrigued by this idea of "mistletoe", but starts to feel a little sad as she realizes you were backing away from her.

Wanda has a crush on you and was a little hurt from your innocent steps back. She nervously asks, "do you not want to kiss me?" Her cheeks start to turn pink. You hesitantly shoot your shot, "n-no, I- I do, yeah..." You look up and her emerald green eyes are staring back at you, relief and maybe even a sparkle in them. She softly but sternly states, "then do it." Your eyes widen slightly as you take a deep breath while a smirk plays on Wanda's lips. You step towards her, slowly raise your hand to her cheek and pull Wanda into a kiss. She gently places her hands on your waist and kisses you back.

As you both pull away, your bring both of your hands onto her shoulders. You both stay holding each other for a moment. You smile, she smiles back. You forget that there's a whole party of people around you and are just focused on Wanda. Her gorgeous brown hair, her beautiful eyes, her light grip on your waist, it's just the two of you.

You tuck her hair behind her ear and lean in for another kiss. She pushes her lips into yours, grabbing your waist just a bit tighter. Your hands run through her hair and you tug on it ever so slightly.

"Woooo! Get it, Wands!" Bucky exclaims.
"Okay, y/n, I see you!" Sam adds on.

You both laugh into each other's lips as more statements roll in, then pull away to laugh a little harder. Wanda asks, "do you want to head to the balcony?" You nod as a soft grin grows on your face. You grab her hand as she leads you out.

You're standing on the balcony, the noise from inside muffles as Wanda closes the glass door behind her.

You both have your hands on the railing. Her hand gently brushes over yours making your stomach flutter. You then place your hand over hers and give it a gentle squeeze. "What do you want for Christmas, Wanda?" She takes a deep breath before answering with a smile, "I already have what I want." "And what's that?" Wanda turns to you, lifts your chin and whispers, "you." She places a soft kiss on your lips, leaving you a blushing mess.

"What do you want for Christmas, y/n?" You think for a moment. "A date. With a really pretty girl." She smiles at your response and nods her head. "Well I know what I'm getting you for Christmas," Wanda says playfully and bites her lip while smiling.

You both hold each other's gaze, the cold not seeming to bother either of you and neither of you say anything.

Wanda breaks the comfortable silence by saying, "Merry almost Christmas, y/n." "Merry almost Christmas, Wanda."