IV

Essence
Next Morning
8Am

   I turn my head facing Von while analyzing his facial features as he slept peacefully. I placed a kiss on his cheek as I began to get out the bed.

Where you going ma? Von asked in his sleepy voice while yawning.

I'm going to take a shower & brush my teeth. I responded back while walking into my closet to pick out an outfit for today.

I'm finna...join you. He said still sleepy while sitting up in bed.

Ok baby. I laid out my outfit & slides on the bed as Von looked at me while biting his bottom lip.

Damn ma, you just woke up and still look goood . He walked out the bed to stand in front of me while placing a kiss on my forehead & lips.

We both got into the warm shower water that ran down on our bare skin. Washing ourselves & each other off with care.

20 mins later

I finished the final touches on my hair as I began to apply lip gloss on my plumbed lips. I stared at Von from the mirror which I was standing in front of, he was sitting on the couch starting to roll up a blunt.

Von, don't light that blunt in here, I don't like that weed smell. I said while turning around to look at him.

Aight, besides I know not to smoke in front of you, I was just getting this blunt ready for later when I smoke it. He began grinding it up on his tray while trying to measure how much he wanted to stuff the blunt.

I walked over to Von & grabbed the almost rolled blunt, I licked the wood which sealed the blunt closed neatly. I never really knew why I did that for Von blunts but he loved when I did it.

Yeah I'm really finna be right with that blunt later on now, that shii so sexy . He smirked while taking the blunt from me and sliding it in his pocket.

Let's go baby before I'm late for my clients appointments. I said while grabbing my purse & heading out the door.

Von drove his car with the seat pushed far back & one hand on the steering wheel. I never knew if he did it to be cool or because of his tall figure but either way that looked so finee to me.

When you want me to pick you up? He asked while placing his right hand on my thigh.

8 o'clock ...I think or maybe later depending on how long I take on my clients hair. I said while looking at him continuing to drive with his left hand on the wheel & the right hand on my thigh.

Okay ma, jus text or call me when you ready to get picked up. He said while rubbing my thigh.

Von what you gone be doing while I'm working? I questioned while turning to face him as he glanced at me staring.

I'm finna be making bread too, don't worry about how I'm making it. He said in a serious tone.

I'm not playing Von you need to stop hanging with them thugs, get you a real-. Before I could finish my sentence Von cut me off.

A real job? What's the difference I'm still making money & I don't hear you saying nun when I'm giving it to ya. He shook his head while looking away from me.

The difference is that you have a less chance of getting arrested or worst killed... I looked down at my nails trying not to look at him after what I just said.

Nah..I know you ain't giving up on me, giving up on what I'm doing for us, my mom, brother. Why you scared of what might happen to me Essence, I already told you what it was from the jump.

I don't wanna lose you, damn.. I said while getting upset.

Von pulled the car over while parking his car near the parking lot of my salon.

Listen Essence, I told you no matter what happens to me you will be very well taken care of... besides you need to trust me because once I stack more than enough bread, we outta here.

Instead of trying to get us out of this town why don't you just stop working with those people...Von my salon is here I can't just up and leave when your ready to. I stated while looking him in his eyes.

I'll buy you a new one, it'll be way more nicer & better than this one you got... I mean Essence you deserve the finer things that life has to offer.

Ok Von just unlock the door so I can go into my salon that my mama left to me before she was gone... i felt tears about to come down my eyes but I couldn't let them fall no matter how hurt I felt about my mom passing.

Essence I didn't mean it like that... baby I'm sorry... damn. Von grabbed my hand pulling me into a hug so I wouldn't leave out the car but I pulled away while getting out the car with him only hearing the door slam.

I couldn't even think of leaving this shop that my mom worked so hard for and in, just for von's plan that isn't even a guarantee but like he said I got to trust him.

trust
/trəst/
firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
"Relations have to be built on trust"