Time and Place

Around ten in the morning the next day, Sherlock, Melody, and Lestrade sat opposite a weary looking Miss Wenceslas.

"You know, it’s interesting. Bohemian stationery. An assassin named after a Prague legend and you...Miss Wenceslas. There’s a distinctly Czech feel to the whole case. Is that where all this leads?" Sherlock asked.
No response.
"What charges are we looking at here, Inspector Lestrade?" Melody asked, nursing a take away cup of coffee.
"Criminal conspiracy. Fraud. Accessory after the fact, at the very least. The murder of the old woman. All those people in the flats -". Greg listed.
"I didn’t know anything about that! All those things...Please. Believe me. I just wanted my share. The thirty million... I found a little old man in Argentina. Genius. I mean really. Brushwork immaculate. Could fool anyone. Well, nearly anyone. But I didn’t know how to go about convincing the world the picture was genuine. It was just an idea. A spark which he blew into a flame." Miss Wenceslas finally explained.
"Who?" Sherlock asked.
"I don’t know."
Lestrade scoffed.
"It’s true! It took me a long time but eventually I was put in touch with...people. His people. But there was never any real contact. Just messages. Whispers."
"And did these whispers have a name?" Sherlock pressed.

Miss Wenceslas looked scared as she nod. "Moriarty."

After a follow up discussion with Lestrade and giving their statements, Melody and Sherlock left the station. She looked at her phone and smirked. "Well, it would appear that your brother is requesting my presence. Maybe you could go help John with whatever endeavor you've set him out on." She said, smiling up at him.

"Tell Mycroft I said hello. And to stop monopolizing your time.He seems to spend more time with you than I do." He said with a smile.

"You Holmes boys are so overdramatic. I'll see you this afternoon. I'll make dinner for all of us." Mel offered.

A black car pulled up, and she gave Sherlock a quick kiss on the cheek, telling him bye before she slid inside. They took off, and Melody was pleasantly surprised to see Mycroft across from her.

"Hello, Croft." Mel greet him, smiling widely.

"I have two things to discuss with you. The second can wait until we arrive home. The first- did you just give my little brother a kiss?" He asked.

"Only on the cheek." She said with a shrug. "Couldn't exactly kiss him full on in public, now could I?"

"When did you finally admit your feelings?" Mycroft inquired.

"It's not been terribly long. Only since the Lotus incedent. It's only recently gotten more serious." She admit.

"Well, I'm pleased that the two of you have decided to move forward with things. You are good for eachother. Mummy will be thrilled of course."

"Well, it's not exactly public news yet, so let's hold off on telling any parents just yet. We'll let everyone know when the time is right." She said quickly.

"Of course." He assured her. As they pulled up to Mycroft's home, he took a deep breath. "Now, let's get inside so we can discuss the more professional matter of business."

"Right. Off we pop, then." She said, sliding out of the car as they came to a stop. Once they were settled into the office, she looked up at him and took a steadying breath.

"This last few days has been quite eventful. I feel the need to get a better idea of what happened in order to properly assess the situation. Your call last night about the Golem was helpful, but rather abrupt. I'd appreciate if you would expand on the events of the week, leading up to yesterday evening." Mycroft stated matter of factly.

"I do apologize for the lack of communication as of late. The whole thing started with this bloody phone...". Melody started, unraveling the tale of what had happened in excruciating detail. Her discomfort while talking about the hostages was apparent,  but she pressed on nonetheless. When she was finished, she observed the stone face Mycroft held.