17.

Forest Of Serenity.

Kean had warned them, whatever happened to them in the mindscape it would form on their physical bodies. A deep gash appeared on Kean's forehead, then Haden's body suddenly got multiple cut all over effectively bleeding him out. Selena and the girls weren't doing any better, Selena's skin sizzled then she grunted out hard as blood trailed down her lips, Denali screamed so hard her physical form also screeched then a nasty gash appeared on her shoulder, Laurie whom was expected to actually be okay from the carnage had a few scrapes, of course Hamish would never hurt his beloved, then suddenly golden, obsidian and purple energy burst out of Mel in the form of a rippling wave, it came in several burst and with each one the angels and hunters were thrust back into their bodies. Mel groaned as he sat up as did Necmi, and his bonded. "Ah, —my body hurts." Denali groaned as she sat up, the others followed suit coming back into their conscious minds. "Let me heal you." Rizzavi offered to Kean first but the angel refused, he pulled Haden toward him and to Rizzavi who nodded and began healing the groaning angel blood. "Why did you have to be so brutal?" Haden grumbled making Rizzavi chuckle. "Its not like you didn't get your hits in." The angel retorted to the council member who scoffed.

"So she gets pass, you just held her down." Selena hissed pointing toward Laurie who was healing herself of the scrapes on her arm. "I wouldn't have been able to fight her, I would rather die than hurt her." Hamish replied proudly without ever quivering, everyone looked to him and Laurie in awe and adoration, they were perfect for each other. "Mel, —next time you decide to bring down the school, don't give me the job of getting you out of there." Laurie joked as they all laughed, Mel nodded as he moved from Denali after sufficiently healing her. Selena was already healed, so he moved to Kean, the angel was apprehensive after remembering what happened in the connected mindscape. "Kean, I'm so sorry, but what you went through was my protective wards, I actually removed the others to make sure you didn't die—." The arch angel's jaw dropped, he couldn't believe that was the easy level. "Though it was my protective ward, I wasn't the one who fed it things to torture you with, your own fears did, and forcing you to come to terms with them, with you, —making you realize it's okay to be different." Melrose explained as his mind opened to Kean's for the last part.

The arch angel nodded as he smiled toward Mel then turned to Haden who just blushed looking to anything but Kean, there was the beginning of a lovestory. Mel finally finished healing Kean and they all stood up the crisis averted. "Its midnight." Necmi exclaimed as he held out his hand and the mini sun he had created floated back into his hands and vanished. "Let's get some rest everyone, in as much as we are all itching to know what happened, it's a lot so we'll do it tomorrow when we're fresh and ready to listen." Necmi announced and they all nodded, he was right, none of them could listen now, they were too tired. "Can I sleepover at yours, Abe's there, I'd rather be with him right now." Rizzavi suddenly exclaimed and Mel nodded as he held out his hand for the angel, in the blink of an eye, Necmi, Rizzavi and Melrose were gone. "Wicked." Denali and Haden both said at the same time earning a chuckle from the others.

"Come, I'll take you home." Kean more or less offered and commanded, Haden didn't mind as he held out his hand for his sister, once they stood side by side with the angel they shot up into the sky with a flash of silver trailing behind them. "Come on Selena, you did good today." Laurie mumbled as she hugged Selena, the girl was surprised to feel Laurie hug her, no one had truly appreciated her, it's why she had become so cold and distant, people fear those with power, those with kind hearts were used, at least in Selena's experience but with everything that's been happening lately, just having one person acknowledge her for being there, it felt nice. "Thanks, but I can get back on my own." She argued but Hamish walked forward shaking his head. "Mel instructed me to make sure you got back safe, that's what I'm going to do." That response surely surprised her. "He did?" She questioned and the couple chuckled. "Selena, Mel is your brother, he's bossy, he's really sassy, but the one thing that stands out about him, is his love, I haven't known him for that long but I can truthfully tell you that he'd sacrifice everything just to make sure we were happy, —when it comes to you, he's being cautious but take that in stride, atleast he's not outrightly shoving you off." Laurie explained to Selena who nodded to the hunter's words, she was right, she just needed to be patient with Mel.