T H R E E

|| T H R E E ||

Yeah I gotta hurt you
I gotta hear from your mouth

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alasia watched with curious eyes as the longboats neared the town of Kattegat. She had heard the men talking about it excitedly for the past two days and now she could finally see it for herself. It was a strategically placed town that lied in a cove, the houses stretching as far as the eye could see. She could understand the praise from the Northmen, considering that even she, as a foreigner, could see that the town was wealthy and flourishing. It reminded her a lot of the merchant cities which surrounded Naples, the thought of her home instantly making her heart ache.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Hvitserk asked her, wearing his usual cheerful smile. His dark eyes moved from his hometown to the Italian girl standing next to him.

Though she had understood his words perfectly, Alasia didn't dare to give away any thought on the matter. Disagreeing with Hvitserk would probably offend him, something she'd rather avoid, but agreeing with him would make her feel like a betrayer. She wanted to hate everything about the Vikings so badly, and that included their hometown.

Once the boat had docked, Hvitserk motioned for her to follow him, something she did ever so carefully. The wooden planks of the platform were wet and slippery under her summer shoes and the last thing she wanted, was to topple over and make a fool out of herself. She grabbed the skirts of her dirty dress, lifting them up ever so slightly as she made her way toward the three men Hvitserk was greeting enthusiastically. From the sight of it, she would gamble all her money on the bet that they were his brothers, the three of them sharing the same deep blue eyes as Bjorn.

Awkwardly, Alasia let the skirts of her dress fall over her feet again when she had taken a stance behind Hvitserk. The latter turned to her with a cheeky smile, swinging an arm across her shoulders and pulling her so close that she felt her heart skip a beat. She tried her best not to cringe away with a disgusted expression on her face, hiding the hate that was blossoming and poisoning her heart. How dare he touch her like that, as if she was his little sister or friend, instead of someone he had captured and stolen.

"Awh, brother, you brought me back a slave," the youngest of the brother's said with a overly kind smile on his face. His blue eyes raked over Alasia's body as if she was a piece of meat, stopping only momentarily at her face before shifting his glance to his brother. "You touch my heart, you didn't have to."