Chapter 46

The three race outside as the power chord contacts the water. Harley rushes toward Allison, shoving her back from the water before she can step into it. 

"Harley!" Scott calls. She looks down and finds her feet almost brushing the water. She moves to step back, but Isaac grabs her around the waist and throws her into the grass before she can move. She watches in horror as he falls to the ground, body stiff with electricity. She stands, throwing a hand out to shut a woman's door before she can step into the water. She watches Kira grab the chord, stopping the electrical charge. Derek grabs her arm and rushes to Isaac.

"Isaac?" he asks, turning the boy over. 

"He's not breathing," Harley gasps.

"Scott! He's not breathing!"

The next morning, Scott and Melissa walk into the hospital to find Harley asleep, curled in a chair outside Isaac's room. Scott sighs, gently shaking her awake.

"Did you sleep here?" he asks her. She shrugs sheepishly. "Harls..."

"They wouldn't let us in," she sighs. "Said family only, and I tried to explain that his family is dead, and he's staying with us, but they wouldn't let us in. Mom had to leave already. She's working with Deaton. I just--they wouldn't let us in. He doesn't have family to be let in."

"Like hell he doesn't have family," Melissa says. "And you know what I have? A key card." She smiles softly at Harley, letting the three into the room.

While Scott walks in, by Isaac's side, Harley hovers at the foot of the bed. She thinks she could be sick, seeing the burns up his side. Sick by the fact it could've--should've--been her. Scott, seemingly sensing her thoughts, grabs her hand and pulls her forward. 

"Stiles did this?" Harley breathes.

"Whatever is inside of him," Scott decides, "We'll get it out. We'll save him. Both of them."

"I wish he wouldn't have done this for me. I could've handled this. I would've been fine. We don't know if he will be. He has accelerated healing, and all it's doing right now is prolonging the pain."

"It's keeping him alive," Scott corrects gently, taking her hand and placing it in Isaac's instead. "Just like he did for you. Like he'll always do." She blinks slowly, looking back at Scott. 

"I think I'm gonna stay here today." He nods, brushing her hair back and placing a kiss at her hairline. 

"I'll bring you lunch." She leans into his touch, grabbing a chair to sit in as he leaves. Never once did her hand leave his, and she ignores her racing pulse once she realizes she doesn't have enough energy left to help heal him.

"If you don't wake up," she murmurs, "I'll make you regret it. Don't know how yet, but I'll figure it out. Just wake up. Please." She raises their conjoined hands, pressing his to her lips. "Please."

A few hours later, Harley receives a call from a unknown number.

"Hello?" she asks warily.

"It's Aiden," the voice says. Harley sits up straighter.

"What happened?"

"Coach was shot. With an arrow."

"What?"

"We think Stiles did it." Harley lets out a low string of curses.

"Do you need my help?"

"No. Stay with Isaac. We just wanted to keep you updated. We'll let you know if we need you." Harley sighs, sitting back in her seat.

"Okay. Okay, thank you."