Chapter 12

Among the aristocratic family misses that were skilled in the literary and martial arts, Gu Ru Jiu's riding was not good but not bad. In races, she would never win but would not be the last. She would always be in the middle, not eye-catching but would not be dismissed by others.

However, everyone knew that the Gu Family's ancestors came from the Qingyuan Province and were not soldiers. So many aristocratic misses were deeply moved inwardly by Gu Ru Jiu's excellent riding skills. The madams who had sons of suitable age in their homes had thoughts long ago and put Gu Ru Jiu on the lists of candidates for marriage.

Gu Chang Ling's branch was the main branch of the Qingyuan Province Gu Clan. A century ago, when the Gu Family was in decline, brothers from the main branch came to the capital to develop. Due to this, the Gu Family managed to reverse their fall and establish themselves in Jing.

In reality, there were many branches of aristocratic families in Jing that were like the Gu Family's ancestors. They had all moved from their homelands to Jing for fame and benefit. However, not all aristocratic families were as fortunate as the Gu Family. Some of them had returned to their original homes defeated, and maintained the dignity of an aristocratic family there. Others gradually went into decline, and their names were removed from the register of aristocratic families in the end.

Gu Chang Ling being able to forewarn of Jing's earthquake was enough to leave behind a mark on the history books. How many other people in the world were able to predict disasters? Gu Chang Ling managed to do it and save tens of thousands of people in Jing from a disaster. In the future, even if the Gu Family did not have any capable and virtuous person appear, as long as nothing was wrong with their heads and they did things they should not, they could live well in the next few decades.

Due to this, the Gu Family was a good family to form a marriage relationship with. The pity was that three of Marquis Gu's four children were married. Only the youngest daughter was still not of age.

A young girl of twelve could look for marriage matches ahead of time, but the Gu Family seemed to not even remember this matter. Even if someone came to their home regarding this, the matriarch of the Gu Family, Yang shi, deflected the matter. Even when Yang shi's family came to test the waters, she did not agree.

There had long been rumors that Gu Chang Ling favored his youngest daughter among his children. This appeared to be true. A few days ago, when the Li Family entrusted someone to ask, the Gu Family had not agreed.

The Li Family was ranked equal to the Sima Family. If some other family had received a request from the Li Family, they would have happily agreed a long time ago.

Because of this incident, when the second young master of the Li Family, Li Huai Gu, appeared, many people wanted to watch and see if something would happen.

But with the family education of the Li and Gu Families, would they do something that shamed their status in public?

"Miss Gu." Li Huai Gu sat with dignity on horseback and exchanged a greeting with Gu Ru Jiu with a smile. "Have you been well recently?"

"Young Master Gu." Gu Ru Jiu returned the smile and softly patted her horse's head. The horse stopped moving and appeared extremely intelligent. "Pretty well."

Li Huai Gu saw her horse stop obediently when she touched its head. His eyes smiled. "This is a good horse." He wanted to say, only a good master could make a horse so smart.

Gu Ru Jiu was happy that her horse was complimented, and her smile grew more evident. Hearing the sound of hooves behind her, she looked back. Several young masters of aristocratic families were racing madly, but the group slowed down after seeing the two of them.