Birth of the Forest 5.

"Hello, Orochimaru." Naruto greeted the Sannin flatly.

Orochimaru shook himself out of his daze, seeming stunned at being cast aside so easily by a Genin. He looked at Naruto with rage contorting his face.

He walked slowly towards Naruto, trying to assess him.

"You are no Genin, Uzumaki Naruto. To know the Fuja Hoin, to defeat my summons so easily and not to mention…stopping my kick so casually…you have much power. Why not join me?"

Naruto's forest green eyes met Orochimaru's snake like ones.

"Thank you for the offer, Orochimaru. But no, I am content here. You however attacked my comrade and nearly killed him…so…"

Naruto appeared in front of Orochimaru and kicked him with tremendous force sending the Sannin hurtling back into the forest for about a mile, crashing through the trees and foliage.

Sakura stared at Naruto disbelievingly, finally out of her mental paralysis. Defeating Zabuza easily was nothing, but matching a Sannin just as easily…

Naruto started to leak Mokuton chakra, a faint silver shroud around his body. He turned to Sakura.

"Sakura, take Sasuke and get up on to the highest tree here. This fight will be harmful to you if you stay at ground level. Sasuke will wake up any moment now…."

Sakura couldn't move. This was getting too much for her.

"I can sense Orochimaru returning, Sakura. Move NOW!"

Shaken out of her daze, Sakura went on to follow Naruto's instructions and took Sasuke to the highest tree in the vicinity. It was far enough from Naruto that she would be safe from collateral damage, but still near enough to keep him in view.

Naruto waited patiently for Orochimaru to show himself.

"So strong." Orochimaru said, appearing in front of Naruto. The Kusa Kunoichi's face was peeling to reveal his true one. He ripped it off entirely and stood before Naruto as the snake Sannin.

"Tell me Naruto-kun, how is it you have the Shodai Hokage's chakra? Its potency puts even my chakra to shame…"

Naruto looked at Orochimaru in amusement.

"It was too much to hope that my kick put you down, wasn't it? You were Hiruzen's prized student after all…"

Naruto pondered, sampling Orochimaru's chakra deeply.

"You defiled the grave of the Shodai, didn't you Orochimaru, you filthy traitor? You took his cells unto yourself thinking to match his strength…"

Pieces of the forest floor were rising around Orochimaru in the wake of his anger. The snake Sannin hid his rage well, but Naruto could taste it in the chakra he emanated.

"You forgot something, Orochimaru. The First's true strength was the Will of Fire, his power was only a tool and not who he was…you wouldn't understand would you, you slimy traitor?"

Naruto was letting his cynical side show now, seeing that his words were getting to Orochimaru. A loathsome scowl marred Orochimaru's face.

"I will obliterate you, Uzumaki Naruto! You have thwarted me for the last time!"

Naruto smirked, seeing the sheer strength of Orochimaru. Hiruzen at least taught the shinobi arts well to his students.

"Come" invited Naruto, beckoning Orochimaru.

…..

Sakura stared as Naruto goaded Orochimaru. She was so absorbed in the fight unfolding beneath her refuge that she failed to notice Sasuke stirring.