08

Shout! Shout! Shout! Shout at the devil!

the words the the rock song blasted in the immortal girls earphones as she avoided people in the halls. just as she was about to pass the gym her arm was snatched making her stumble in the direction she was pulled in.

the culprit, erica, simply took her earphones out of her ear and pointed to a white fold up table about 7 feet away from them, and without a word erica dragged [name] to sign up for cheer tryouts.

when [name] finished filling out her information sarah was next to sign up. shocker. "wowza! buffy the vampire slayer is gonna be a normal highschool girl?! color me shocked!" [name] dramatically exclaimed.

sarah rolled her eyes jokingly and the three of you went into the girls locker room to get changed into the cheer uniforms.

why did we have to get dressed in uniforms just to try out? no clue.

"what the hell." sarah mumbled eyes wide at the uniform while erica looked like someone just handed her a bag of O negative.

"i love how short it is!" the blonde squealed hugging the uniform close to her while sarah stared dumbfound.

"you like the length?! this looks like one of those sexy adult Halloween costumes."

"it could be shorter." [name] sighed with a lopsided frown on her face. "i wish it was shorter." the girl says under her breath.

"you are both insane."

End of part one

start of part two

"Oh, cowabunga!" benny says as the three girls walk out of the locker room. Erica immediately parts with the group not wanting to be seen with the dorks.

"do not say anything." sarah warns in a deadly tone, the benny and ethan know not to test her so they immediately push any teasing comments they had thought of to the back of their head. 

rory on the other was appalled. he was just on his merry way to the boys locker room to put on his mascot uniform, but was instead greeted by his girl in a cheer uniform.

his mouth was practically on the floor and his head was nearing the school ceiling and a slow and steady pace. it was shocking and a bit nerve wracking for the boy; the fact that he has a "situationahip" - as [name] calls it- with the most gorgeous girl he's ever met leaves him thinking a lot.

"rory!" a voice exclaimed breaking him from his thoughts which in turn caused him to fall from his very high place on the school ceiling.

"jesus h christ! rory are you okay?! what do i tell you about doing that floating shit!" [name] scolded. she hated when he did that; getting lost in his thoughts and whatnot. what if he floats so high high that he can't get down. that would suck.

"sorry." he whispers as he pulls himself off of the floor with the help of [name].

he's acting strange.

"rory are you alright your acting a bit odd?" [name] questions with a concern look on her face. rory normally acts weird with her but it's mostly weird in a shy way, now it's seems like there's something on his mind.

"uh yeahhh...i'm fine. you look good in your outfit!" rory smirked with a certain look in his eyes.

[name] knew she had an obligation to erica and sarah and to the cheer team she wasn't too interested in, but c'mon. this is rory we're talking about. the dork with magic hands who wasn't really that dorky in different aspects of life.

she could ditch her friends and make it up to them later and spend a good hour with the blonde in front of her, or she could cheer in the musty school gym.

the blonde boy takes a step closer to the contemplating girl and rests his hands on her hips. neither of them say anything but it was clear what the boy was insinuating.

erica, sarah, i owe you one.

sorry 🥹

i still have more of this chapter and i will in fact update it. what i do because i'm unmotivated and a procrastinator, is i write small bits of the story whenever i feel motivated. that's why it takes a while for me to get chapters out i'm so sorry. i hate to seem like i'm wasting y'all's time and whatnot but i genuinely and a no good procrastinator whore. 🫶🏾