01: missing Macy Gray

"Huh, new guy"

"Huh, new guy"

--------

The sound of frantic footsteps moving around was the first noise heard in the Gilmore house that morning. The youngest of the three Gilmore girls, Cassidy had just woken up to realize that she had slept right through her alarm.

"Oh no, no, no," Cassie lifted her comforter, allowing her to get out the safety and comfort of her warm bed. "Rory!" She shouted, hoping that her twin sister hadn't left the house without her. Cassie ran to her mother's room, only to find an empty and unmade bed. The youngest Gilmore groaned before running towards the stairs.

"Rory, wake up! Rory!"

"What?" Her sister, older by only 12 minutes and 46 seconds, yelled as she opened her bedroom door in a huff. Just as Cassie suspected Rory was still in her pajamas and not at all ready to leave the house.

"Clock!"

Rory turned her head, looking towards the clock that sat beside her bed. Cassie watched as her sister's eyes widened in horror. "No!"

"I know!" Cassie yelled before running back upstairs to her bedroom.

She ran straight to her closet pulling out any item of clothing she could get her hands on. Cassie practically jumped into her jeans, which may or may not have belonged to her sister at one point, then threw on a red sweater. She ran around her room searching for her shoes and casually throwing her books into her backpack at the same time.

"Cassie!"

"What?" Cassie screamed, sticking her head out the door as she struggled to tie the laces on her converse.

"Have you seen my Macy Gray CD?" Rory asked her.

"No," Cassie replied, finally getting both of her shoes on her feet. She grabbed her backpack, slinging it over her shoulder before running out of her bedroom.

"Well I can't find it," Rory informed her once Cassie made it down that stairs.

"I don't have your CD Rory."

Cassie watched as Rory rolled her eyes before heading back to her bedroom. She wasn't surprised that Rory didn't believe her. Frankly she probably wouldn't believe her either. The twins were always stealing each other's belongings then claiming it was theirs originally.

The younger Gilmore walked into the kitchen, finding a note left by their mother with the word Luke's written on it.

"Mom's at Luke's," Cassie announced just as Rory walked out of her bedroom, dressed and ready to go.

"Are those my jeans?"

Cassie looked down at the jeans she was currently wearing, then shook her head. "Nope," She said with a smile then turned on her heel and walked out of the house.