17: I smell snow

"Rory's in love!"

--☆--☆--☆--

Cassidy Gilmore was tired. Lorelai had accidentally woken her up in the middle of the night because she could smell snow. Both twins had to get up out of their warm beds to find their mother listening to a voice message left by their English teacher. And it was safe to say that it was hard for the twins to sleep when the sound of their teacher's voice was coming from their living room.

Anyways, Cassie was tired. She was trying to listen to the rant Lane Kim was currently on but all she wanted to do was finish the article in the Sports Illustrated magazine she had. So despite pretending to listen, Cassie was really reading. She assumed that Rory would be doing all the listening for her, but Rory seemed to be distracted too.

"I just can't believe it. I mean, I sat next to him in practice for months, and then one day I look over and- and it's Rich- Rich Bloominfeld," Lane said hoping that atleast one of the Gilmores were listening.

"Where is my chemistry book? I had it at your house yesterday, didn't I?" Rory asked, as she looked from up searching her backpack.

"Rory, focus, please."

"I'm sorry I just can't find my book."

"Hey babe. Sergeant Pepper," Lorelai looked at Lane with a confused expression. Correction, Lorelai looked at Lane's band uniform in confusion.

"Mom, do you know where my..."

"Big, scary chemistry book is? Behind the desk," Lorelai told her.

"Thank god," Rory quickly walked off to get her book. Lorelai let out a sigh as she looked up at Lane's hat. Cassie, however, was still barely paying attention. "So is Sookie in the kitchen?"

"And there she'll stay."

"Okay... So, where were we?" Rory asked as they all started walking towards the kitchen. But of course on their way there, Rory had to grab ahold of Cassie's backpack pulling her out of the way before she'd crash into the couch.

"Oh, thanks," Cassie nodded before looking back down.

The girls walked into the kitchen with smiles on their faces. Rory had managed to grab ahold of the magazine Cassie had so she wouldn't crash into anymore furniture. And now both of the twins were listening to Lane.

"Hey Sookie," Rory greeted with a smile.

"Hey Kitty cats. Cinnamon buns are over there," Sookie told them.