3 | as if you could reach my head

"TAKEDA-SENSEI COMPLIMENTED US, but frankly, if we were facing Seijoh and Oikawa in an all-out match, we'd be lacking." Daichi tells the team, as I take out the chocolates from my back that I got from the vending machine and hand one of them to Hinata, whose eyes start sparkling, making me chuckle.

I hand one to Kageyama who thanks me by nodding, then to Tsukishima and Yamaguchi, the latter thanking me for the both of them. Then I hand some to the second and the third years.

"Oh... Spoken like a true captain." That annoying voice says again, and we all look ahead to see him standing by the gate. "You know your stuff."

"The Great King makes his entrance!" Hinata exclaims.

Tanaka and I walk ahead, and Hinata joins poking in from the little gap in between us, hiding behind us.

"You got a problem, dude?" Tanaka asks.

"Yeah, what the hell do you want?" I add.

"Yeah, what do you want?" Hinata repeats, trying to sound intimidating.

"Wanna fight, huh?" Tanaka asks.

"Yeah, Trashykawa?" I add.

"Wanna fight, huh?" Hinata adds again.

"Don't be so hostile." Oikawa replies, with his signature smile, then turns to Hinata. "You, little one."

"Huh?" Hinata lets out, surprised.

"Your last one-touch and broad attack were amazing." Oikawa compliments.

"Huh? Oh..." Hinata is shocked.

"Let's give it all we got next time, right from the start. You didn't get to see our set up." Oikawa continues. "Oh, yes, and we'll be improving our serves, too. It's true your offense was amazing, but your receives aren't polished. You'll reach your limit very quickly. I'm not the only one who has powerful serves. The Inter-High preliminaries are coming up soon. Don't get eliminated, okay? Because I... want to pulverize my dear underclassman, setter on setter, in an official match."

He points his hand which was holding a volleyball towards Kageyama.

Hinata runs up and grabs Tsukishima.

"The receivers will train!" He tells Oikawa.

"Hey, let go." Tsukishima tells him, annoyed.

"Receives don't improve overnight. Ask the captain. He should know." Oikawa nods towards Daichi. "There's not much time left until the tournament. I look forward to seeing you there."

"Oi, go fall in a ditch and stop bothering my boys!" Miyoko yells.

"There you are, Oikawa-Kun!" Mieko's voice comes as she walks up to them with Iwaizumi. "We've been looking all over for you!"

"Oi, you dumbass, stop making Mieko-Chan's job harder than it already it because of you!" Iwaizumi yells, an irk mark prominent on his forehead, as he walks up next to Oikawa and hits him on the head.

Mieko chuckles.

"It's fine, Iwa-Chan." Miyoko says. "He's what makes this job a challenge, otherwise, it'd be boring."

"Ow." Oikawa lets out. "You both are so mean."

"Huh, Miyoko?" Mieko asks.

"Hey, eko, where were you?" Miyoko asks her sister.

"Oh, I had a headache, so I was resting in the nurses office." Mieko answers. "Anyway, why don't you stay here, our house is closer from here."

"Oh, uh..." Miyoko turns to look at her team and they shrug.

"It's fine." Daichi says. "You can stay if you want."

"Oh, okay!" Miyoko says, turning to her sister in glee. "It's been so long since we hung out, Onee-San!"

"Heeeehhhh?" The first years let out. "Onee-San?"

"Oh, yeah, this is Miyoko's older sister." Sugawara tells them. "She's the manager of the boy's volleyball team here."

"What?!" Hinata let's out.

"It's nice to meet the new first years." Mieko waves. "And, nice to see all of you again."

"You, too, Akiyama-Chan." The second and third years chorus.

"Well, then." Oikawa suddenly appears beside Miyoko. "Let's go, Akiyama-Chan." He starts to drag her towards the gym, with his arm around her shoulder. "We'll have so much fun!"

The rest of the group stands there and watches as Miyoko tries to get out of his grip, but Oikawa just leads her away, unbothered.

"Oi, let go of me you dumbass! I swear I'll hit you so hard in the head!"

"Ne, Akiyama-Chan, as if you could reach my head."