Magajit- Dancing

Magnus could only really glance up and let out a small snort at who he saw had entered onto the rooftop balcony, "You too, huh?". He wasn't surprised, he'd known this was going to happen the moment he saw the reason he hadn't gone.

Ajit shrugged and sat down beside him, ignoring the question, "So this is where you go when you want to be left alone." He commented. Both boys couldn't help but look around then, the rooftop isn't the first place that'd come to most people's minds when they think about where to go to get away from people. But it'd always been one of the best escapes for Magnus, even as a young child he would climb onto the roof of his house to get away from things, and all these years later here at the academy he still found sitting on the roof peaceful.

Plus, this roof was safer, it was flat and had a barrier around it to stop people from falling off, like a balcony, mostly for photography students as the door to the balcony was in the art rooms.

"It's almost funny." The older told the younger dryly, "The two in the same situation went to the same place to get away."

The younger of the pair looked over at Magnus, "So, you saw it too?"

"Yeah."

They both fell silent, genuinely not knowing what to say, comfort or apologies wouldn't help and empty promises that things would change would feel just as empty and ridiculous to both of them.

Their situation was an odd but, usual one.

Unrequited crushes were usual.

Two people having unrequited crushes on two people who liked each other... A little more odd.

Then again, it's not like either of them weren't used to their lives being odd, but this kind of odd was just...

"So... They got their shit together at last, at least?" Ajit attempted to sound happy but the swear word, unusual for him, ruined that attempt, the sullen look on his face and the teary eyes didn't help much either.

Magnus made sure to look away before replying, "Yeah, and I was there to see it happen."

They both went quiet again before Ajit stood up and with a scowl, angrily spoke again. "God I hate this! I mean I want to be happy for them but I just can't be because of these fucking feelings." He began to pace up and down, "I've been excited for this fucking school disco thing for weeks because I thought it'd be fun to hangout with my friends there but wow, no. This came along and threw all my hopes of actually having a good time today out the window." He stopped pacing and looked over the railing at the academy grounds below them, "God I hate this..." He repeated.

For a moment Magnus stayed not talking, unsure what to say, their situations were almost the same except unlike Magnus who was only going because of his crush, Ajit had been going in hopes of forgetting about the whole situation for a while and just hanging out with friends. Ajit had wanted to have fun while Magnus had just begrudgingly agreed to go because his crush had tried to convince him to go.

Slowly Magnus got an idea, he considered it for a moment before beginning to act on it. He pulled his phone out of his hoodie pocket and put it down on the bench before getting up and going to stand beside Ajit. "Well, as horrible as this situation is, it is still possible that you can have fun hanging out with a friend..." The shorter turned to look at him as Magnus held out his hand, "If you want, of course."

Ajit hesitated for a couple of seconds, processing what his friend meant. "You?" He asked, checking he'd understood.

"I mean, I guess. We are friends and there's no point just sitting out here feeling sorry for ourselves." The ravenette told him. "If you want you can think of it as a 'fuck you' to them?" He stopped talking as Ajit accepted his hand.

"Nah, I preferred the first half of that, you're right, we shouldn't just be sitting here feeling sorry for ourselves. We shouldn't just be thinking of ourselves and each other as people who just saw their crushes kiss. We're friends and we should act like it!" Ajit cracked a smile, which Magnus returned.

Hand in hand they walked over to the bench where Magnus picked up his phone and opened YouTube. "Wait, what are you doing?" Ajit asked as Magnus scrolled through his playlists.

"What would you be doing right now if what happened didn't happen?"

"Huh? I guess dancing and joking around with my friends to the- Wait.. Are you?" Ajit raised an eyebrow at his taller friend.

Magnus pressed the play button on a playlist of music and the opening music to the song Don't replay the boredom began, "What else?"

Ajit was surprised but also knew that he probably shouldn't have been, "I guess you're right." He admitted.

After that they walked into the middle of the roof and at around the same time they both started humming along to the music, at some point the pair started up some form of dancing, which started with them both standing opposite each other but switching places while spinning and then mostly just stepping from side to side, making gestures with their hands and occasionally spinning.

Once that song ended it instantly changed to the next song, an english cover of the song A female ninja but I want to love. Since the lyrics were english they started to sing along, each taking a different part to the song and their dancing turned more into something more like acting out the lyrics of the song like if they were actors in a musical, facing out towards the sky like it was the audience.

A couple of songs later, one came on that made Ajit laugh, "Well I'm pretty sure I know why this is in the playlist!" He joked.

"It was a good watch and read." Magnus replied.

He got a nod in response, "Well, I'm not sure if I should believe you on that one since one of us is lying."

Magnus just groaned at the bad joke.

For the first verse they stuck to the acting like dancing but when the song reached the chorus they both started dancing like crazy, spinning each other around and jumping up and down. At the second verse they did the same as they did for the first verse except this time they were facing each other and trying to mirror what each other did. Then as the second chorus hit they went even more crazy with the dancing than they did the first time and the pattern continued for the third verse and then finally the third chorus.

Too busy paying attention to the music and wildly spinning around they somehow managed to spin around too fast and Magnus flew back against one of the railings, as the final lines of the song played and an advert started up, he tried to stand up straight but was dizzy from the spin and began to fall backwards further, luckily Ajit still had hold of one of his hands and pulled Magnus over back towards him. "Crap, are you okay?"

"Considering the fact that I could've potentially died there? Actually, yeah I'm fine." Magnus replied, leaning against his friend, "I guess we were kind of welcoming in near death experiences dancing on a rooftop..."

Ajit nodded, leading them over to the bench to sit down as the song finally finished and an anime outro began to play, "Yeah, maybe we should've thought that through.."

"Honestly,"

For a moment Ajit thought Magnus was just agreeing with him, but then he continued.

"It was fun though. We should do that again some other time, although, preferably not on a roof." The ravenette smiled slightly.

Deciding to take a leaf out of Magnus's book, the shorter of the duo raised an eyebrow and asked jokingly, "The near death experience or the dancing?"

"The dancing. It was fun dancing with you like that. I have to admit I wasn't as keen on the nearly dying part." Magnus admitted.

Ajit let out a small happy sigh, "It was." He smiled.

And as tiny light played on they smiled across at each other then turned their attention to the stars and the moon, both smiling and happy.