An Honest Mistake

Kocher's lunch is fairly gourmet, made by critically acclaimed chefs. However, it costs an arm and a leg to even eat lunch here. We sat in the cafeteria and I finish my lunch as Gorya eats hers and asked her, "How was last night?"

She stops and looks at me, "What do you mean?" I picked at my remaining chicken and said, "Wasn't it your 222nd day at Kocher High School,", exaggerating my hands to form a rainbow. 

She pushes my shoulder playfully, "It was. Don't make fun of me. I don't know why my family makes it a big deal."

"Oh stop, they're proud of you. As I am too." I gush, scooting closer to her.

She smiles at me before continuing to eat. Hana approaches our table and sighs as soon as she sits down. "I still can't believe what I witnessed yesterday."

I agreed and said, "It's truly unbelievable how cruel people can be."

She nods, "Thanks for warning me, or else I would've spoken out about it and gotten in trouble," she replies. Gorya grins, "No problem." 

I look in between them and ask, "Should we share the mantra we say every school year?"

Gorya nods and turns to Hana, "We always say this." She looks at me, and we speak in unison, "Focus on schoolwork. Stay quiet and stay safe until graduation."

Hana smiles in response and says, "Stay quiet and safe for a bright future, just as Mira said."

"Oh, you like Mira too? You like her, right?", I nudged Gorya. Hana waits for Gorya's reply and she says, "She's the one that inspired me to apply here."

Hana excitedly says, "Me too. If only she'd warn us about F4 though."

I joke, "If she did, I believe no one would apply here." They both chuckled at my comment, and Hana looks behind Gorya, her eyes lighting up. Who is she looking at? She stands up and quickly smiles at us, bringing her tray with her, and says, "I have to go. See you later."

I nod as she walks away, I look behind me to see her walking in the path of F4. My eyes widen, oh no, as she bumps into none other than Thyme. The remnants of her lunch hit directly on Thyme's bedazzled shoes. The clang of her utensils hit the floor, making the whole cafeteria so silent–you could hear someone chewing with their mouth closed. Gorya hastily turns to me, what should we do? I shrug at her before looking back to hear Thyme's demeaning tone as he says, "Is this how you approach a guy?"

"P'Thyme, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," Hana says, hugging the tray close to her as if it was armor.

"I'll have your shoes cleaned or-or I can buy you a new pair," she stutters.

He snickers, "Buy me a new pair? These are tailor-made in Paris. Can you buy these?"

They sure are ugly shoes, I think to myself.

MJ interrupts, "Thyme, go easy on her, She's cute."

Hana continues, "P'Thyme let me repay you... I-I'll do whatever it takes."

He smirks, "Whatever it takes?" Then a few students with their dumb annoying voices say, "She can clean them by licking them."

"Good idea, lick them. If you do, then I just might forgive you." Thyme moves his foot towards Hana on the ground. My mouth gapes open as I turn to Gorya, who is clenching her fists. The cafeteria is chanting, "Lick it. Lick it."

I shook my head at Thyme but Gorya slowly stands, and I ask in a hushed tone, "Gorya, what are you doing? Sit do-"

Then Gorya punches the table with full force. At that moment, I feel like the whole world is watching us. I cover my face, with both hands while looking down at the table, "Oh my god." Gorya walks towards them, and I cover my mouth with my hand looking back at her, watching for the horror that is about to come. She stops in front of Thyme.