13

"Is it true that you helped people in order to confuse me?"

[Sigh, Michael will never let go of his suspicion, right?]

[Pupa: I don't think he will ever let go of his suspicion. Partly because you are careless enough to reveal your true identity, after thinking about a roasted turkey.]

[It was a one time thing! One time!]

Yunyu gritted his teeth, he pulled his hand from Michael's grip, but Michael persistently gripped his palms. Michael was persistent, like a drowning man desperately clutching on a piece of log, he stared at Yunyu's eyes deeply, searching for his intention.

Yunyu coldly snorted, he turned his head to the left, "I don't have enough patience to deal with you right now. Your Highness, please leave."

"I will not leave until you answer me!" Michael persisted.

"... why do you want to know so much? I don't have any obligation to answer it," Yunyu asked calmly. But inside his head, his mind was in chaos, he tried to find a way to reply to this without being too suspicious.

[Pupa: he casted a spell on himself.]

[I know! There is definitely something in his eyes. I think he will find out if I lied now. I don't want to fail right now, we are so close to the end!]

This time, the system was silent. Because what Yunyu said made sense. Michael was already suspicious, if Yunyu replied it lightly, his suspicion would never cease, and his breakmeter might not increase at all after this.

Michael observed the Duke's face attentively. Because he wanted the truthful answer from the Duke, he chanted a holy spell in himself, his eyes could read lies from someone for a short period of time, he was sure that the Duke couldn't lie to him now. Because if the Duke did everything to confuse him, then he could only let go. He would not kill the Duke, but he would let go of him and returned back with the Head Priest as an obedient young priest, like before.

Michael saw how the Duke seemed to be in dilemma in his heart. His eyes had a trace of panic and sadness. It seemed that the Duke was unsure how to reply to the question head on. The Duke finally opened his mouth and only said one thing, "If I tell you about my life before my death, will you stop pestering me?"

Michael's eyes widened when the Duke asked him, "Why?"

"Because you'll find your answer there. And I do not want you to meet me again after this," the Duke said solemnly.

Michael gulped. The Duke gave him a choice, discovering the past life of the Vampire Duke and never saw him again, or ignored the duke's true intention and stayed beside the Duke.

Michael wanted the best out of both, he wanted to discover the Duke's true intention, and stayed with the Duke, "Why are you giving me choice? I just... want to know your intention."

"Because I don't want you to discover my ugly past life. Once you know it, I beg you to leave me alone," Yunyu said. He was calm and collected, he didn't blink and stared at Michael's eyes. Their eyes met each other, but it was not a pretty sight, both of them were trying to find the intention of each other.

Michael took a deep breath, "I want to know about your past life, if that will answer my question... I will leave you alone after this. But..." Michael took a step to close the gap between them and suddenly hugged the Duke, "If I have to leave now, then let me hug you... at least once."

The Duke paused and let Michael hug him tightly without struggle. But his mind suddenly flashed with countless stars, and Pupa suddenly appeared behind Michael.