They day after

Will's POV:

The hours before I had to go school was the most stressful. But after actually arriving at school, I realized my imagination had blown everything way out of proportion. Apart from a few glances, someone murmuring and girls whispering to their friends, no one made a big ruckus. I didn't really know what I had imagined. Students with pitchforks? Getting beat up by a big gang? I felt this hole in pride as I realized nobody actually gave a shit about me. What the fuck? I froze as I realized what I was thinking. Shit. Fuck. Since when did I curse?, I thought to myself. I looked down at the little gremlin who was holding my hand. This was all his fault.

"Why are you looking at me like that?", Brian asked. "No reason", I replied. That little shit. I loved him so much.

Brian tugged on my sleeve, motioning that he wanted to say something. I bent down so he could whisper in my ear. "I don't think Chad is at school today", he whispered. "Good for him. I would have beat his ass", I whispered back. Brian snorted. "Being a though guy doesn't fit you", he laughed. I rolled my eyes at him. "You're as intimidating as a puppy", he mocked me. "What, you're not scared of me?", I half threatened, half joked. "Heh, why would I?", he smirked. "I'll show you", I said and grabbed him. He tried to fight me, but I put my hand on his head, laughing as his short arms tried to hit me. I pulled back my arm, then held him tightly and started tickling him. "Stoooopp", he giggled. Suddenly, we heard someone clear their throat behind us. We both turned around to see Cole, looking very displeased with his arms crossed.

"I heard you are official", he said in a condescending tone, looking me up and down. "Um, yeah, we are", I answered. "Listen here young man", Cole snarled. "You make Brian shed a single teardrop, and I'll rip off your balls", he threatened. I swallowed. "Understood". Then he turned to Brian. "Congrats on getting a boyfriend, man", he said, doing a handshake with him. "Thanks bro", Brian replied. "I gotta go to class, see ya", Cole waved and walked away. "And that", Brian looked at me and smirked, "is an intimidating person." "I hate to admit it, but you're right", I sighted. Brian smiled proudly, but his victory was short lived as I picked him up and flung him over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes. "Put me down", he yelled, punching my back. I looked around to make sure that there weren't anyone watching us, and when I didn't see anyone, I started running. 

"Will Miller, put me down right now or!", Brian screamed. "Or what?", I teased. "I... I won't give you any kisses." I immediately put him down. Wow, I'm such a simp. "You're such a simp", he chuckled. "Hey", I was suddenly getting nervous. Brian must have sensed there was something. He turned serious. He was giving me intense eye contact, making sure I knew he was paying attention. "Would you like to meet my mom?", I asked. I inwardly cringed. That sounded so lame. Brian's face lit up. "I would love to!", he said. "From what you've told me, she sounds so nice", he said. I nodded proudly. "She's the best. She's been asking to meet you", I said. "Aww", Brian wore a shit eating grin. "You talk about me to your mom?" My face heated up. "I might have mentioned you once or twice", I mumbled. "Aww Will, that is adorable. You're so cute", he cooed, pinching my cheeks. "Shut up", I groaned, hiding my face in my hands. "Aww, are you shy?", Brian continued to mock me. 

"Hey", I said. I gently pushed him against the wall, one arm leaning beside his head, the other holding his face. "I said shut up", I said in a stern tone, rubbing my thumb over his bottom lip. It was Brian's turn to blush. "You're so stupid", he muttered, pushing me away. "I can't believe you were afraid to hold my hand in school just yesterday." "What can I say, I'm a changed man", I said. "I'm done being afraid." Brian looked at the clock. "Well, I don't know about you, but class started five minutes ago, and we have Mr. Smith." I looked at the clock. "Oh shit", I said under my breath. "I'll race you, first to the classroom", Brian yelled and started running. "Hey!", I yelled, sprinting after him.

It was lunchtime, and Brian and I decided to just eat at our usual spot. I was still feeling anxious about the whole Chad situation. I didn't really care if I lost all my friends. We were never that close anyways. But even though we were in our senior year, there was three more months until I could leave high school and never see them again. Mostly, I was afraid they were going to hurt Brian as some sort of revenge on me. 

To our surprises, the gang of boys I usually sat with came up to us. And they didn't look angry. They looked uncomfortable, almost shy. "So it's true? You're really together?", a guy named Justin asked. "Yeah, we're together", I defensively said, stepping a little in front of Brian. "Uh, that's cool. Congratulations", Justin said. "Man, just get to the point already", a guy I recognized as Felix said. "We just wanted to tell you that Chad told us he won't press charges or make a fuss or whatever", he said. I nodded. "Well, that's great", I said. "He was considering it, but we told him we would witness against him, since we have seen him being homophobic and racist and stuff", Felix said. They all looked at Brian. "Um, sorry about that. We should have probably said something sooner, but we're on your side now", Justin said. Brian just looked at them and nodded. 

Justin leaned in closer and whispered so only I could hear: "All the guys here take your side. We're not friends with Chad anymore, just so you know." I didn't really know how to reply. A small okay fell from my lips, but mostly I just looked at them with wonder. The group was a lot smaller than usual, and it was obvious some of the guys either didn't care to show up or they took Chad's side. But I honestly expected to loose them all. I felt a little touched. Maybe they weren't so bad after all.

"Um, hey. You're Brian right?", Ken, one of the juniors in the group, said. "Yeah, hi", Brian said awkwardly. "Um, we don't see you differently Will. Like, you're still yourself even though we found out you're gay, you know?", Justin said. "I was pretty shocked", Ken said. Felix hit him in the head. "Ouch", Ken pouted. "I wasn't talking about the fact that Will is gay, I meant that you are a couple. I mean, you complained about Brian so much, every time you talked you just complained about him and-", Felix slapped his hand over Ken's mouth. "Sorry about him", he gave Brian an apologetic smile. "He doesn't have a brain to mouth filter. Anyways, it was nice meeting you Brian. See you man", he said. The others murmured "yeah's" and "see you's", walking away. Felix was dragging away a protesting Ken, who was still being blocked from speaking.

"I'm sorry, my friends are idiots", I apologized to Brian. "Your friends are kinda cute", Brian said. "Especially Felix, he was really handsome." I gave him a side glare. "More handsome than me?", I asked. "Of course not! You know you are the prettiest boy in my heart", he made a heart with his hand as he said so, making the heart beat. "Ugh, whatever", said, pushing him away, so he wouldn't see I was smiling like an idiot.

A/N: Um. I'm gonna post tomorrow and Sunday too. We are so close to the end, I'm getting emotional. Anyways, if you liked this chapter please vote and comment:) See you tomorrow<3