Hello? (+ Preview of Revised "From A to Z")

Hello!

I hope everyone is doing well.

It's been almost two years since the latest version of this book, From A to Z, was published here on Wattpad.

In those two years, I tried revising this story because I wanted to submit it to traditional publishing companies. I went back to the drawing board, tweaked the storylines, changed the details about the characters, etc. The story underwent two revisions in the past two years, and on those two occasions, I found myself stuck when it's already at the tail end of the story--when Adam must reconcile with himself after realizing that he wasn't the person he thought he was.

I've been trying to pick myself up, but I just can't find the right words to convey such a crucial part of Adam's journey.

I decided to share the first chapter of the revised version here in hopes that maybe--just maybe--it'll rekindle that light again.

Also, it's Pride Month, so I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy and safe Pride Month celebration! #AtinAngKulayaan🏳️‍🌈

____________________________________________________________

A

"Where the fuck is Mateo?!"

Adam has been trying to call Mateo—for the third time now—but Mateo still didn't pick up his phone.

That fucker, he cursed in his head again and again. He closed his eyes and clenched his fist, imagining how Mateo would kiss the rough pavement of this parking lot once his knuckles make contact with his face.

"Just who the fuck does he think he is?" he grunted.

Their club was supposed to depart from their school an hour ago. They planned to leave early because they wanted to get a head start in the preparations for their outreach program in Sariaya this weekend.

But Mateo seemed to have other plans in mind and ruined the club's schedule.

To be honest, they can leave without Mateo. Even if he's the head organizer of this activity, the other members of the organizing committee of this activity were here. Also, as the president of the Basketball Club, Adam was well aware of everything that needs to be done because Mateo reports these things to him every end of the day these past few weeks. They could definitely make do without Mateo.

But—

Only Mateo has the contact of the representative from the Photography Club, and that representative was nowhere to be found as well.

They couldn't go on with their outreach program without any photo documentation. They need it for the report they have to submit to the school administration. They also need it for their socials. More importantly, they need it so they have something to show to their alumni.

Adam can't fuck up now when his term was about to end already. That's mainly the reason he's very uneasy.

While Adam was worried about these things, the other members were noisily playing in the middle of the empty parking lot, bumping into each other and shooting an invisible ball into non-existent baskets. Just like Adam, all of them were wearing the same white polo shirt with their school's logo embroidered on the left chest.

After finishing counting to sixty, Adam was about to ring Mateo's phone again when he heard Mateo call him from the other side of the parking lot.

"Fucking finally!"

He turned around, ready to curse him to death, but immediately stopped when he saw that he has company.

"Sorry we're late," Mateo said in between labored breaths. "I can take the beating after we finished today's activities."