- Chapter 5 -

Bianca thought she was irritated while entering the Gemelli University Hospital. She was mistaken. That feeling left her mind as if it were a distant memory too irrelevant to bother recalling. Why? Because the level of irritation that filled her mind upon leaving the Hospital trumped any trace of prior irritation she may have felt since the moment she met Signore Massimo Toscana.

Not only did she have to endure his unapologetically confident presence, but she also had to admit that... she was somewhat reliant on his assistance. And THAT added another level of annoyance she could not overlook.

She was an independent woman.
She was a successful entrepreneur.
She was a business owner.
She could not recall the last day she had to depend on someone else.

Especially someone whose input she cared little for...

But, such as it was, Bianca was faced with the most uncomfortable truth that there was a possibility she would need to spend her near future with Massimo being a part of it. And she knew exactly who to blame for it.

"You do realize that Elisabella probably wasn't serious about the idea of me going with You to see my grandmother, right?" Bianca broke the silence after a long pause once she and Massimo left the Hospital.

"Veramente," Massimo replied without taking his eyes off the road.

"Then You will agree that it is an absurd idea," she continued, confident that he considered the matter ridiculous. She was mistaken.

"On the contrary, I agree with Your best friend," he said stoically.

"What? But that's crazy!" She shot him a disapproving look.

"Hey, she's Your best friend," he mocked her.

"I did not say she's crazy! I said her idea was!" Bianca retorted with a temper.

"Somehow I gauge that it means one and the same in her case," Massimo smirked.

"You... may have a point," Bianca crossed her arms at her chest. "Still, I did not agree to go along with it."

"Nor did I agree that I am interested in You," he said in short.

"That is of no concern to me,"she chuckled. "What concerns me is that I am not interested in You."

"We finally agree on something," he clicked his tongue.

"Then why would You even consider the notion of me coming along with You to see my grandmother?" Bianca tipped her head at him.

"Because You are not interested in me," he said plainly, again without looking at her.

"Rude!" She hissed out.

"No, Bianca Mia. Convenient," he shot her a direct gaze.

"Do explain," she mocked his response with a grimace on her face.

"I flew to Italy at the request of my client, who also happens to be my grandfather. You may say I came for business purposes, but that does not mean I cannot enjoy time spent here," Massimo explained. "Since Your friend volunteered Your services, I feel obliged to honor her intentions. You not being interested in me simplifies the terms of our agreement. I won't have to worry about You swooning over me."

"Swooning... over You?" Bianca laughed out loud.

"Veramente," he nodded, unbothered by her reaction.

"I was wrong. You're not savage. You're a Neanderthal," she laughed again.

"And You're clumsy. That does not take away from the notion that Your knowledge of Italy could make my trip run much smoother," Massimo moved his shoulders up and down.