- Chapter 7 -

Waking up used to energize Bianca with the kind of positivity that caused her to look forward to the day ahead. Each new morning brought on new possibilities, new challenges, new victories. It stood for new clients, new work assignments, new 'Job Well Done' pats on the back - not that she ever looked for praise for her accomplishments. She was a business owner. Success in her line of work was a requirement. And she knew the importance of her reputation as an entrepreneur with a flawless record and highest job qualities.

Taking a day off her busy schedule? That rarely occurred. Bianca flew to Turkey for her Uncle Kader's wedding not only for family reasons. She stayed in Turkey because of work. Her new Aunt Deb relocated a vast portion of her remote office from the United States to Turkey. But taking a day off for personal reasons? That was a whole other matter. Weekends were for family - and family only. Weekdays were for work - and work only. That was her schedule, and she preferred it that way. Since work did not interfere with her family time, Bianca ensured that personal matters did not interfere with her work.

That... was the case until her path crossed with that of Signore Toscana. As obnoxious as he was, and the idea of spending time away from her job due to a sprained ankle bothered her to her wit's end, Bianca knew she could not go back on the word she had given to her Grandmother. She visited Alberobello quite often during weekends, but her current busy work schedule prevented prolonged stays.

And yet...

Gia Foxx was not a woman who accepted not honoring one's once-given word. And Bianca was not about to test her Grandmother. Especially when her best friend was the one toward whom Bianca decided to channell her temper...

"Bianca Mia, what a pleasant surprise to hear from You in the morning!" Elisabella chirped happily into the phone the moment she picked up the video call from her best friend that woke her up.

"Why? Because of the hour? Because You knew about my broken phone? Or because of reasons known only to You that You'd have thought I would not have called to express my gratitude for what You did yesterday?" Bianca spoke with a mocking smile as she sipped on her morning espresso.

"No need to thank me, sweetie. Any respectable best friend would do the same," Elisabella replied with conviction.

"Veramente?" Bianca growled. "And exactly which act of friendship are You referring to?"

"Convincing the hot lawyer to allow You to tag along to visit Aunt Gia," Elisabella explained bluntly.

"Convincing him?" Bianca almost spilled the espresso while setting it down on the saucer.

"Ha!" Elisabella clicked her tongue, winking at her best friend. "So, You do agree he's hot?"

"What?" Bianca retorted in a way that sounded more defensive than she would have preferred.

"He's hot. I said he's hot. You did not deny it, nor did You scold me for calling him hot. So, I know that You think he's hot. And You can't deny it," Elisabella chuckled as she rose from her bed and made her way toward her kitchen.

"He's... not hot," Bianca brooded over her response.

"YES. HE. IS." Elisabella over-pronounced each word. "He knows it. I know it. And You know it."

"Whatever," Bianca shook her head, subconsciously walking toward the window overlooking the pool of the next-door bed and breakfast, promissing herswld she would not look in that direction.

"We both know Your 'whatevers' are a sure sign of admission," Elisabella grinned and turned on her coffee machine.

"What...ever," Bianca repeated and winced afterwards.