-> hurricane

We're called back to the aircraft carrier, so we can return home.

I felt like I was a million bucks, I had returned from the mission as an ace, and apparently Rooster was one too.

Maybe if Hangman had been a little bit better, a little bit faster, he could've been too.

As I'm back on the sturdy decks of our aircraft carrier, all I can hear is the waves hitting the sides of the ship and the loud cheering and celebrating for our victory.

The air is cool, and smells like the sea, the sun burns into my flight suit, and I feel on top of the world.

And as happy as I might feel, I still have two idiots to yell at when they finally land in their rust bucket.

In the mean time, I try to find Phoenix and Bob among the crowd.

"Phoenix! Bob!" I yelled, hoping my voice would carry above.

I spun around in circles, trying to fin my best friend. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that they hadn't joined the celebration yet, still leaning against the side of the ship.

Nat already had her helmet off, their plane already tucked away below deck. Bob stood off to the side, awkwardly, as they recounted the mission.

I tugged my helmet off, and ran over to her.

"Natasha!" I yelled, jogging over to her. Her face brightens when I mention her name, and we hugged each other tightly.

We did it.

We separated, and Phoenix told me, "Looks like we have a new ace don't we?"

I rolled my eyes, "Shut up. You guys literally did the impossible."

"Hush. It's only enough adrenaline to last me a week!" Phoenix joked.

Bob was standing to the side, trying to look busy cleaning his helmet.

"Bob!" I said, softly punching his arm.

"Yeah?" He say, pushing his glasses farther up his nose.

"Come over here," I motioned with my hands. Bob looked confused, until I came over and I hugged him. "Drinks are on me when we go back to the Hard Deck." I patted him on the back.

"I just did my job." He shrugged, like it was no big deal, but I could see the small smile on his face.

I smiled, "Well, you didn't pull a Maverick. Or a Rooster."

"How much trouble do you think they're in?" Phoenix chimed in.

I thought about this for a moment, and then said, "Probably not a lot from the Admiral... just a stern talking to. From me? Oh boy they're in for it. I'm not very happy with Rooster or Mav right now, their ears are going to be ringing by the time I'm done with them."

Bob gulps nervously for my boyfriend and my dad, while Natasha bursts out laughing. We're interrupted when Hangman walks by with Payback and Fanboy.

I walk over to Payback and Fanboy, and ai offer my congratulations. "Good job you two!"

"Thanks." Payback said, offering his hand. I hugged him and his wingman instead.

"Don't I deserve one too?" Hangman asks with a flair of confidence.

"I dunno." I considered his offer for a moment, before a grin slithered its way onto my face. "Only if you admit I saved you, and I shot down more planes than you in front of everybody."

"Everyone knows the answer to that." Hangman says, brushing it off.

"I know. But it's better if I hear it from you, out loud." I try covering my smile, as Hangman tries his best to follow my commands.