13.

K I N S L E Y ' S P O V

The car ride home was silent except for the quiet buzz from the radio. None of the boys talked or even looked at each other. And I was kind of stuck in the middle of it.

About fifteen minutes later, we arrive at the house and I hurriedly jump out of the car, grabbing most of the bags from the back and making my way upstairs.

I close the door behind me and place all the bags in the corner of the room for now. Looking at the bags, tears threaten to spill for some reason. I hated being like this. I cry over everything for every reason.

There was a slight knock on the door and I spun around. "Kins, you in here?" The voice I recognize as Matteo. "Yea." Is all I said and the door was pushed open.

"Are you alright?" was all he said, looking at my wrists. I simply nodded and turned back around to look at all the bags. "Umm, well I came to talk to you about school." I froze.

School has never went well for me. I've always been known as the girl with the fucked up family and so many problems. And thats when the worst of my addiction started.

"I've looked at your old school records and your grades are good as is. Keep it that way alright?" He spoke softly. "I can't go to school." Is all I said, not looking at Matteo once. "And why not?" he said, harshness present in his tone.

   I was quiet for a second, "School has just never went good for me." I answered truthfully. "That really sucks because you're going. You start Monday." He said, rolling his eyes as he left.

   I sighed and picked up some of the bags to put the things away. I really liked the outfits but I wouldn't be able to wear them without putting makeup on my bruises.

   After putting away the last bag, I grabbed my backpack, deciding to put those things away and fill it with the school supplies we bought when we were out. 

   I pulled out the wrinkled black hoodie that once my only way of hiding. I placed it in the back of one of the drawers to never be seen again. The next thing were one of the only pair of jeans I had owned. They were definitely worn. My last clothing item was one of the shirts I had which wasn't important to me.

   The next item I pulled out was a picture from a really long time ago with one of my best friends. She was the only person there for me when nobody else was. But she ended up being like everyone else and eventually shut me out.

   The last thing I pulled out was something I didn't even know I brought with me. A bag of white powder in which I used to do daily about a year ago. My step father used to sell drugs to get income for his wife. He used to leave that stuff lying out all the time and before I knew it I was sadly extremely addicted to it.

   I quickly placed the bag in the back of my drawer by the hoodie. Its safe their right?

Right?

   I exited the closet room after I put the school supplies in my bag and I hopped on my bed. Before I knew it I was asleep.

   I had never fallen asleep so easily before and it kind of scared me how I could here. 

T H I R D    P E R S O N     P O V

   While Kinsley was asleep in her room, her brothers were sat in their fathers office, sitting along the couches. But this wasn't one of their normal meetings. This time it's Matteo in front of his family.

   The boys share confused looks with each other. They were quickly shushed by Matteo who was now ready to start the topic of discussion.

   "Only Luca and Dad knows about this and I really don't think Kins is going to tell any of us this soon so i'm going to tell all of you exactly what i've been told and we are going to see exactly how bad it it for her." He says, pacing the room in a slow manor.

   The boys once again share confused and worried looks with each other. Matteo stops his pacing and stands in front of the boys. "While she was living with those pathetic wastes of life," he paused, talking about his own mother and step father. "She was tormented in more ways then what we think." He said, looking at the expressions of the boy.

   He continued after a minute, "She let it out one day, not meaning to of course, but she told me that while she was staying there, she had been raped and abused." He stopped, looking at each of his brothers.

   Their expressions changed from confusion to worry. From worry it went back to confusion. From confusion it went directly to anger. Angry that they couldn't protect their angel.

   "Now she didn't really say anymore than that but when she first walked into our house, we could all tell she was hurt in more ways then one." He said, back to pacing the room.

   The boys stayed quiet, letting their eldest brother explain everything thoroughly before they did anything. "She's asleep right now. If we just go in there and check it out to see what we find." He said, stopping once more.

   His brother simply nodded and got out of their seats, standing in a huddle. "Let's go." He said, leading the group to his sisters room.

   Matteo opened the door slowly, not wanting to wake her. Kinsley looked peaceful as she slept. Like she felt safe here. And she was right. Her brother's wouldn't let a thing happen to their little sister.

   They surrounded her bed, waiting on Matteo's call. He directed Daniel to hold her right arm tightly, Roman to hold the left. He directed Luca to hold one of her legs down and Rodrigo to hold the other.

   She started to wake up, a confused look plastered on her face as she saw her brothers keeping her in place. She soon realized what they were doing as Matteo got closer. She yelled, cried even.

   Matteo slowly raised her shirt, revealing bruises, scars, and burn marks littered across her body. She tried breaking from her brothers grip but they wouldn't budge.

   They stare at her in awe, some had tears in their eyes while the others held pure anger. They all let out a string of curses and left the room, leaving Kinsley wondering why her brother's just betrayed her trust like that.

   She knew she would soon have to tell them the details of her childhood she wished she could have never went back to.

   She pulled her shirt back down, bringing her knees into her body.

so much for family.

________________________________