27.

BANG

L O R E N Z O ' S     P O V

We watched from a distance, per Matteo's orders. We had already downed at least 15 men from the warehouse. We had received the order to stand down and keep a look out for surrounding people.

"They've been in there a long time." Gabriel complained for the fourth time. "None of them have even walked in yet." Anthony growled. We were growing impatient as we waited. We've already been waiting for a fucking week to get her back.

That's all Matteos doing. We all discussed about going there ourselves and getting her. Shes been gone long enough going through who knows what? Why did we have to wait a week?

    I can't help but wonder why Uncle Mario really felt the need to take her with him. He can't even raise his own three kids, let alone himself. He didn't need to be taking care of an emotionally unavailable teenage girl.

   "They just walked in." One of Jonahs men peered into the scope. "I wish they would've given us a warning about this whole thing beforehand. It's taking a toll on my aim." Gabriel said, playing with the dirt.

   "You've hit three people with perfect aim. You're being irrational." I said, looking through the scope. Ever since I was 10 back in the training rooms, shooting has always been my top thing.

   I could shoot far distance with a perfect shot. That's when my father decided to make me the sniper whenever we had serious missions. I wasn't ever aloud to be involved with it though. Their main reasoning for me to do this 'training' is to figure out what I could and couldn't do to protect myself.

   "They've moved to the 4th floor." Anthony whispered. "Why are you whisperi-" "Does he ever shut up. My god I can't focus." One of Jonahs men complained. Anthony and I shot Gabe a glare, shutting him up instantly.

   Gabriel always had to be talking. He was always sharing his thoughts and opinions with anyone. He could sit in front of a wall and have a full conversation with it. He had a bad habit of saying things about other people while they were in the room.

   It's a good thing he's vocal and not bottled up like some of our brothers, but he really needs to learn how to shut the fuck up. Especially in times like this.

   I was once again broken out of my thought by the sound of a car inching closet to us. Anthony looked at our group, holding a finger to his lips. As the car drove by, we instantly dug ourselves deeper into the hole we were in.

   They stopped in front of the warehouse, a tall
man in a fitted black suit stepping foot out of the car.  He held a black box in his hand, wires poking out of every corner. "That's a bomb." My eyes widened. "Leo, you need to warn Matteo. You're the only one who has any sort of real communication with those inside the building." I nodded to Anthony, pulling my phone from my pocket.

   I typed out, 'Theres a bomb being planted on the first floor. Not sure the timing but you guys need to get in and out, fast."

   "God theyve been in there a while." Gabriel said once more. "They're talking to someone up top." one of Jonahs men said quickly. I looked through the scope of my gun once more. "That's Ma-" "He has Kinsley at gun point." Anthony interrupted me.

   "Uncle Aldo told me he'd give us some sort of signal on when to shoot if we had to. This looks like a have to moment to me." Gabe said, looking through his own scope.

   So we waited. We waited and watched my brothers argue with the poor guy while our sister was held in his arms with a gun pressed to her head. I kept my eyes on Uncle Aldo.

   He shortly moved his hand in the sign of a hand, looking out of the window towards us. "I've got it." I whispered, placing my hand on the trigger.

   "Don't fucking mi-" "I'm literally a better sniper than you now shut the fuck up and watch." I interrupted Gabe, making him stay quiet.

   Uncle Aldo held his hand like that for a minute, finally putting one finger back telling me to shoot. I pulled the trigger, the other guys in our group getting ready to do the same if I had missed.

   He fell to the ground instantly. "You got em." Anthony said, a proud smirk sat on his face. I smiled, "I did it."

K I N S E L Y ' S P O V

   I slowly opened my eyes. How did I get on the ground? "Kinsley, breathe, look at me." One said. I couldn't make out any voices or faces in particular.

   "We need to get out of here. Leo said someone put a bomb in here." Another said, my eyes widened as I began to stand up, i instantly feel back to the ground. They once again surrounded me, back up I need air.

   I heard movement by the stairs, a man in a black suit stood, holding a gun at one of my brother's heads. My eyes widened, as I finally stood up, pushing past my brothers. "Get down." I yelled as best as I could, they instantly got down as the bullet flew out of the gun towards me.

   I got pushed out of the way as multiple shot's were fired. When I opened my eyes again, the guy was now slumped against the wall, multiple gun marking littered his body, as he now sat in a pool of his own blood.

   I turned to my brothers, smiling up to them. Their faces held worry, sadness, and anger. "We did it!" I croaked, my smile faltered as I saw the crimson color coating my hand.

"I did it."

________________________________

A shorter one, but they got her back!!!

Or did they?