[I Don't Feel Pretty] Freddy x fem insecure reader

[angst to fluff]

You looked down at the beautiful city lights, taking a quick swig from a can of sparkling water. The water was too fizzy for you, so you set it down.

The balcony was quite gorgeous, fairy lights decorated the area, with some real flowers and ivy plants dangling off the walls. You looked up at the stars, admiring how pretty they looked as they flickered.

Everything around you was pretty. Everyone around you was pretty.

You felt on this beautiful world, you were the scum of it. You're the dirty stain on a white dress, the food stuck in between a pretty person's teeth. You could go on about how ugly you felt, how you could never compare to the beauty of the city lights, or this balcony, or the stars.

You were just.. you. Nothing more.

Why were you feeling like this? Well, you were invited to a party. Actually, the whole school was. The most popular and rich girl in school decided to let everyone come to her end of the school year party, this time not leaving out the so-called losers.

You decided to wear something pretty. You felt good for yourself, for once. You felt like a bad bitch as you walked into the room. But all of the confidence came crashing down. All the kids surrounding you, dancing and laughing with each other, they didn't look like kids. They looked like models.

Even the quiet girl that sat in the back of class looked better than you. Not only was everyone prettier than you, no one wanted to dance with you.

You were standing by the snacks, watching as every girl got asked to dance. It seemed like it was only you that didn't have a dance.

So, here you are, on the balcony, absolutely hating life. You took your phone out, tapping onto the photo app. You stretched and poked at your face, trying to see how you could somehow be pretty.

Though, you jumped when a voice came from behind you. "Hey Y/n." You turn around to see your best friend, Freddy.

He was wearing a tuxedo, and it looked like he got his hair done, because his hair seemed to be shorter. Even though you liked it longer. It was a bit too fancy, but he still looked good.

"Hey." You mumble, putting your phone back into your pocket. Freddy limped beside you, copying your stance and leaning against the balcony wall.

"What is a pretty girl like you doing all alone?" Freddy asked a bit teasingly, and you laughed, a bit sadly. He was only joking, you weren't pretty. "No one wanted to dance with me, so, yeah." You shrugged, not wanting to tell Freddy how you really feel. "And how about you?" You turned your attention off of you, looking at Freddy.

"No one wants to dance with a cripple." Freddy stated simply, frowning at his own words. "That sucks." You sigh. You try to look down at the city, wherever Freddy was looking, but you couldn't help but stare at him.

To you, Freddy was pretty. Or, handsome if that made him more comfortable. He is attractive. So, it's a surprise when he said no one wanted to dance with him. Who wouldn't? Of course, everyone else doesn't see Freddy the way you do, you knew that. But you still can't seem to comprehend it.

"Why are you staring at me?" Freddy asked, turning to you. You blush, looking away. "Sorry.. I just— I'm just..." it was fairly obvious you have a massive crush on Freddy. You've always wanted to be with him. But you could never confess. You don't want to ruin your friendship with him, and you can't handle rejection.