00 | background before the story

Hi there!

So here is the explanation for the background of the story so you will understand the story. First I will explain the world, and then I will explain the characters that may not sound familiar :)

The planet Symbolica
Symbolica is a fictional planet, the main planet in the World of Pardoes. Symbolica is divided into a number of areas: the Misty Mountains, the Cloud Forests, Insulana, Draconia, Legendaria, Mysteris, Maracura, Mythena, Sagarea, and Saga.

Saga is the most important area of ​​the Symbolican Empire. The palace is located on a plateau in the Orta Valley, the palace where Pardulfus (the king), Pardijn (the princess) and the royal household are housed.  In the grounds surrounding the palace are ornamental gardens, orchards and herb gardens and Aliciana's cottage.  In hearscourt we also find Grand Magister Almar in his observatory and the students in the Magic Academy. Symbolica has no fewer than five suns, and the Solstice is a major holiday each year.

Other planets
Besides the large planet Symbolica, a number of other planets have been named in the Pardoes universe.  For example, below Symbolica, near the Lower Pole, lies the evil planet Zombor where Savonin is the ruler.  It is a planet that hardly gets any sunlight, making it icy cold and arid.  The only heat source on Zombor is the Magma River.  Pantagor and his sidekick Rattar live here, after Pantagor is also banished from Symbolica.

I put a maps on the top of the story if it is a but complicated for you :)

Characters

Savonin
Savonin studied at the Magic Academy under the guidance of Magister Humanos, but he was involved in black magic and was banned from Symbolica by Grand Magister Almar.  He fled to the planet Zombor, where he had a huge building built with a glass room from which he can spy the universe.  With his compact army of other dark Zombor inhabitants, he wants to conquer other planets and Symbolica.
He protects Pantagor and Rattar because they have suffered the same fate, but he does not consider them friends.

Pantagor
In his youth, Pantagor was an excellent student at the Magic Academy and he was even chosen to be the new Grand Magister.  However, he engaged in black magic and was banned from the planet by Almar.  He left for Zombor and doesn't know how to deal with his feelings of revenge.  Pantagor hates Pardoes, because he has Pardoes become Almar's new favorite student.  On Zombor, he meets Savonin, who suffered the same fate a generation earlier.  Savonin protects Pantagor and Pantagor acts like a loyal companion to him. Pantagor can pit people against each other and can disappear or take the form of an animal.
As a child at the Wizarding School Pantagor preferred to spend his time playing and bullying instead of learning.  This caused him to be unable to write and was expelled from school.  He blames Pardoes for this (although it is not clear what Pardoes has to do with this) and is therefore out for revenge.

Rattar
Rattar is an anthropomorphic (human turning) rat from the world of Pardoes.  He is Pantagor's lackey after he was fired from a governor in Symbolica.  He is very impressed by Pantagor, who rarely has a kind word for him and knows how to use him well as a spy, thief and for chores that Pantagor himself would rather not do.
Rattar was born in the Fabelbergen and his family served at the noble courts of Symbolica for generations.  Rattar also initially served at court, but he was caught stealing and fled from his sentence.  During this flight he ran into Pantagor whom he has been helping ever since.

Aliciana
Aliciana was born in Saga, where she grew up as a fairy noble and studied at Wizarding School and Wizarding Academy, but she never learn magic and was a normale human.  She studied with Grand Magister Almar and Savonin, the latter being expelled from school after it was revealed that he was involved in black magic.  She has been a magister of the school for years and when she has stopped, a fellow magister comes along with his grandson whose parents have suddenly disappeared.  Worried about the boy, he asks Aliciana to take him under her wing.  She feels special gifts in the boy, but also dark powers and therefore keeps his origin a secret.  She calls him Pardoes, because he came into her life so suddenly.  When Pardoes starts studying, she is again busy with her herb garden and she travels regularly.
She is good at keeping secrets, which is why several Symbolicans entrust her with their secrets.

Almar
In his youth, Almar studied with Aliciana and Savonin at Magic School and Magic Academy.  After this he became a magister and was an expert in transmutation, changing and enhancing natural substances.  Almar traveled extensively to research the universe and magical stones.  The travels brought him into contact with many other peoples and cultures.
When Grand Magister Humanos relinquished his position, Almar was elected as the new Grand Magister by the other magisters.  Besides advising King Pardulfus and thus indirectly governing Symbolica, he trains young and talented Symbolicans, including Pardoes.  He is one of the few who trusts Pardoes and has him do regular research.

That was all for now. I know that is a lot of information, so feel free to scroll back to this page, or ask in the comments if you don't understand something!

Have fun reading the story ❤️