Chapter Forty-Four

It wasn't looking good. She was throwing us around like we were dolls she grew bored with. I landed hard on my side for the third time as Thor got back up and charged her again. Keeping Hela distracted was not as much fun for us as it was for her.

A giant black spike came out of the water and through the bottom of the ship, effectively stopping it from getting to safety. I groaned when I saw undead soldiers climbing it to get inside.

"You've got to be kidding," I mumbled. As I tried to stand to hurry over, Val was thrown on top of me and I went back down hard.

We groaned and struggled to stand back up. "This is the worst," Val mumbled at me and I gave a short laugh in agreement.

I looked back over at the ship and saw the undead flying off and then someone jumping after, shooting them crazily with a couple of guns- Earth guns. I didn't think about it too long and refocused on Hela.

That was, until he yelled her name. It was a bold move and I wished it had ended differently than him getting impaled by a thrown knife.

Val was crawling towards her sword as Hela came closer. Even I was afraid of what she might do. Sitting up on my metal elbow, I tried to conjure up some energy to throw her way, but she threw a knife that went right through my flesh arm.

I let out a cry of pain and went right back down to the ground. 'Jesus Christ this hurts' was all I could think. Looking over at the knife, I saw blood seeping out of the hole in my arm and wished I was on Earth where hospitals existed. Or even on the ship where I could get something wrapped around it.

There was some kind of conversation happening, but I couldn't focus on it. The ship was flying farther and farther away, but I couldn't focus on that either. My sheer exhaustion combined with the blood loss was really throwing my brain off.

Everything quickly shifted, however. There was a loud rumbling and then a bright orange glow that spread across. I could make out Val hurtling over something and stabbing Hela in the back. Thor then created a giant bolt of lightning that caused the Bifrost under Hela to crumble and give out. She fell through and I almost went with her.

Luckily, I was smart enough to dig my metal hand into Bifrost and hold on as some Bifrost gave out under me. I felt a leg dangle but that was it and figured I wasn't in any immediate danger.

"Rey!" I heard someone call out. My head rolled in that direction and I saw Thor hurrying towards me. I removed my hand from where I was desperately holding on as Thor bent down to help me stand up.

I cradled my arm to my chest and expected Thor to let go, but he didn't. Instead, he wrapped his arm around me just a little tighter. "What's going on?" I questioned having missed the last few minutes in my painful haze.

My question was answered when Hulk picked Thor up from behind in one arm and leapt. The air was sucked out of my lungs and I couldn't breathe for a second. We landed in the opening of the getaway ship where Hulk released Thor and I. Val was in his other arm, I figured, when she came over to me.

"You alright?" she asked. I was going to nod but I realized I was still heavily leaning on Thor, who hadn't let go of me yet because of that.

Instead, I was honest. "No, not really. I'm in need of a really good nap and some medical attention," I answered and held my arm up at the last part.

Val gave a small chuckle, as did Thor. "We can get you all of that," he said back. I could tell he was being honest, but his feet didn't move forward. Instead, we turned around to face out a window where we all watched Asgard get destroyed.

The giant fire man, Surtur I assumed, was using a very large sword to repeatedly stab the ground beneath him. Korg started to give an inspiring speech about how they could rebuild and it was very touching. That is, until the entire thing exploded into millions of rocks. Surtur and Asgard were gone.