4•

Follow me on the gram: theyallknow_her

"How was your day," my mama asks as I lay down in her bed. I loved sleeping in her bed because she spent bank on it. It's so perfect. I fall asleep within seconds after my mama and I's late night conversations.

"Okay," I respond, snuggling in her pillow.

"Nu uh, get up. I got a man too," she says, pulling the covers off of me.

"You got a what now?" My mama been single since I was 3. She think niggas ain't shit. Daddy fucked her up so bad she never even looked in a nigga's direction. And she spread that to me, unfortunately. I never messed with nobody, because I'm not gonna get hurt like my mama or have my daughter feel the pain I had to.

"Yup, you heard me. And he spending the night," she giggles. My mama just giggled, like a fucking school girl.

"When he coming? Its like 12, it's too late fa him to be over here," I say like I'm grown. She pushes me out her bed and laughs.

"Girl. You been with that dude all day, coming back at this time. You think I'm dumb," she responds. I slowly get up and wince. Ya see, one thing about my mama, she gon find out everything.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I say, speed walking out of her room. "Use protection and don't be loud!"

"Take your own advice! Wait don't, I want grandkids."

"Mama go to bed," I yell, entering my room. I hear her loud laughs, and shut my door, chuckling to myself. I love my mama. But this nigga she got, I got a problem with him already. Coming this late at night. No respect at all.

My phone goes off just as I take off my hoodie. I changed back before I left. It was Nardo.

I quickly answer, no hesitation. Who getting shot for not answering the phone? Not I.

"Hello?"

"Aye, who that nigga coming in yo house," he asks, and I hear voices in the background.

"He here fa my mama," I respond, looking out my window. I see two black cars, one that looks just like Nardo's and old ass Toyota. Mama, why he gotta be broke? Damn. As long as she's happy though.

"Why?"

"Sneaky link type shit," I say, closing the blinds, remembering I don't have a window shade so they can see me because of my lamp being on.

"Oh. Come outside tho. I know you saw my car," he replies, and then clears his throat. The people in the background start laughing hard. "Aye, man. Shut up, nigga."

"My bad Wick," the voice responds.

"Why you here," I ask as I put my shoes on.

"Man, don't ask questions. Just come on."

"But-"

"Is you tryna die? Get yo ass out that house," he yells into the phone. I hurry and hang up, rushing down the stairs. I open the door and lock it, walking as fast as I can to his car. He's leaning against the door on the passenger side.

"Bout time," Nardo says, opening the door. I get in with no hesitation. Who getting shot for not getting in a car? Not I. He reaches over and buckles my seatbelt.

"Whatchu know bout that nigga in thea," Nardo questions me, still standing in the way of the door.

"Just that he with my mama. I just found out about him when I got home," i explain, speeding over my words. "Why? Is something wrong?"

"Hell yeah something wrong," a voice says from behind me. I turn around to see two boys. Both darkskin with wicks.

"Shut yo shit, nigga," Nardo commands.

"My fault," the dude responds.

"Imma go in there and pack yo shit Ight?"

"W-what?! Why?" My heart begins racing. My mama in there. Is this man hurting my mama? I swear to God, on my phat granny grave he better not hurt her.

"Imma explain later. What's yo key code," Nardo asks.

"But-"

"STOP ASKING QUESTIONS," he yells in my face. "What is the key code?"

"1029," I say, horrified to my core. Nardo shuts the door and runs to my apartment door, typing in the key code and rushing in. I look behind me at the two dudes in the back. They look back at me.

"You Wickman girl," one Nigga asks. I examine their faces.

"Fuck you staring at?"

"Sorry," I say, quickly turning around.

"You good Thug, but you go with Wick?"

I nod my head, and look out the window. What's taking Nardo so long? My mama gonna beat my ass for letting a boy in there without her knowing, and without me being in there my damn self.

"Aye, don't be apologizing around here, Thug. Shit look weak," one nigga says, while laughing. I nod my head again, pulling my phone out my pocket. It's almost 1 am. Nardo needs to hurry.

"We got you tho, Thug. A nigga play wit you he getting murked on sight!"

"Hell yeah. Ain't nothing but a word, Thug."

I turn back around and give a slight smile. Is that even something to be grateful for?

"That man witcho mama into some bad shit. Wick making sure you good, that's why he getting you."

"But my mama-"

"That man ain't gon do nothing to your mama, Thug," one of them says with a laugh.

"Hell nah, she giving him that soaker," the other responds with a laugh.

"Just chill, Wick gotchu. You his girl."

"Nigga saw that nigga get out the car and stopped the car in the middle of the road fa yo ass," he explains. "Talking bout 'that's my girl house'."

"Oh, I'm Reggie," the one with scars on his face responds.

"I'm Tony," the other nigga adds.

"Alex," I say, giving another smile. I face back front and look over at my apartment. Nardo finally steps out with a bag of my stuff.

"At least we ain't here gunshots," Tony whispers but I overhear.

"We'll be back fa him tomorrow tho," Reggie responds.

"Oh yeah, fasho," Tony replies, with a laugh.

Lord send me help.