45•

"Daddy always told me, fairytales can come true. You gotta make it happen, it all depends on you."

-Tiana, the princess and the frog

"Bro shut up," I say, throwing a pack of pop tarts at him. "Eat this while I finish."

"Thugga, I'm serious. You can't take that. No Nigga should put his hands on a pregnant-"

"Woman. No nigga should put his hands on a woman period. Unless she hit him first, then baby it's an even fight," I respond.

"You different."

"I know," I reply. "Now go sit while my wife sings."

I turn up Kehlani and sing along to Honey.

"That song is gay," Vroy says as he gives me a side hug. He sniffs around and holds his stomach. "Mmmm."

"You're gay," I say, smacking him too. I soon finish and Nardo still isn't here. Everyone but Nardo is here and it's pissing me off. I'm cooking for your gang and you don't show up? I should be happy. Fuck him.

"Where is that bitch ass nigga," I ask Durk. His eyes go wide.

"He a bitch ass nigga now?"

"Gay ass lame ass abusive ass bitch ass nigga," I rant placing everyone's plates down in front of them. "I hope we run out of food."

"We will," Melly says, chowing down.

"Where is pop? I thought I told him to come."

"He don't fuck with Wick," Melly explains. "Every since he saw him out his hands on you, Pop said Wick a woman beater."

"He is," I respond, covering my neck with my hoodie. "Durk, where India? I need a retwist."

"Uh," he starts. "We ain't together."

"What," I say, putting down my spoon.

"Yeah, some shit about me getting another girl pregnant. Ain't my baby," he says. "She'll be back. Give ha a week."

"Nigga, you fucked up," I tell him, shaking my head.

"Says the girl who stays wit a nigga that almost choked her to death," Reggie says, then chokes on his drink. That's what he gets for talking too damn much.

"He did what," vroy says standing up. He adjusts my hoodie to see my neck, and once he does his eyes go wide. His eyes are so small I didn't think that was possible. "Bro, what the fuck is wrong wit that Nigga."

"Looks like you tried to hang yourself," Durk states, cringing.

"That's why he wanna propose. So ha ass stay," Vroy says, and then again, his tiny eyes go wide.

"Nigga," Durk says.

"My bad. At least I put her on game tho," he responds. "That nigga do not love you. I wouldn't put my hands on a bitch I loved."

"I'm not a bitch, Vroy."

"Neva said you was."

I roll my eyes and look at Melly, who looks like he's in danger mode. He looks like a demon possessed him, eyes basically all black. His grin makes him look like a psychopath.

"Melly you good-"

"Leave him alone, Alex," Durk says. "That ain't Melly, that's Melvin."

"Who the fuck-" I stop myself. He told me about that mixed personality shit. I thought he was playing.

"Thugga, leave the room real quick," Reggie requests. I shake my head.

"He ain't gon hurt me," I respond boldly.

"Get away," Reggie pulls me upstairs. I smack him multiple times.

"Nigga-"

"You so fucking hard headed man. Listen to a nigga fa once. Yo ass always tryna be big and bad. You pregnant by a drug dealer, dumbass. You killed a nigga, dumbass. You ran from the police, dumbass. You ain't smart man. So shut the fuck up and do as your told before you end up in a casket like your daddy," Reggie rants and my eyes water.

"My daddy ain't dead!"

"Mane look at you defending a nigga who don't give a Fuck about you. You really is dumb, Thug."

He laughs but I don't. I slam the bathroom door and cry. I know he's right, but he has no right to talk to me like that. I wasn't even doing anything reckless. Melly or Milky, whatever the fuck his name is wont hurt me. Melly is my fucking brother. Fuck Reggie. Fuck all them niggas. Fuck HORACE. Yes, horace. Fuck that nardo shit. He a lil bitch.

"Thug," Reggie starts.

"Fuck you! I wish Tony lived and you died!" I don't know why I said it, it just slipped out. "Wait I'm sor-"

I hear stuff breaking from downstairs. Voices of yelling get louder and louder so I exit the room.

Reggie stares at the door.

"Don't come downstairs." He exits the room and of course I'm not gonna listen. I just stare down the staircase and see Vroy, Durk and Melly arguing.

"What the fuck y'all yelling and smashing plates for?"

"Mane, Mel talking about killing Wick," Durk says, annoyed.

"Bro what?!"

"Exactly. Nigga shut up."

"If y'all don't help, imma do it myself. But if one of y'all snitch, y'all dying too," Melly explains.

"Kill him over that bitch up there? Really," Vroy states. Now my eyes go wide. I'm a bitch now? I thought he was my boy.

"Watch your mouth man," Reggie yells, coming to Vroy.

"For what? The bitch comes into our lives, gets Tony killed, Wick arrested. She ain't shit but trouble man."

"She still family," Durk says to Vroy.

"She ain't in my family."

"Really? Was that before or after you realized Wick loved her and not you," Reggie sasses. "You mad that wick got himself a girl and don't care about his boyfriend?"

"Shut the fuck up," Vroy snaps. He clutched his pole.

"Von he right man," Durk says, pushing away Vroy's gun. "Not the boyfriend shit but you know you kissed wick ass. Now that Alex here, you get no attention no more. Jealousy is real."

"Ain't nobody jealous of a bitch who can't keep her legs or mouth closed," Vroy chuckles. Reggie steps closer.

"Watch yourself, Dayvon. Youn wanna die today," Reggie says.

"Chill-"

"And who gon kill me? A bitch who in love wit his boss girl? You faker than Kim K ass," Vroy snickers.

"That's my sister," Reggie retorts.

"Sweet home Alabama i guess than huh, folks?"

"Get out," I scream at Vroy. I rush down the stairs. "Get out man."

"Ian mean what I said-"

"Leave. Right now!"

"Lex, I'm drunk as a bitch."

"Leave!"

"Fuck going on in here," Horace asks as he enters the living room.

"Attempted murder," I state, walking up the stairs. "And a suicide."