- seven -

I hate shopping, especially food shopping, I thought as I pushed the trolley behind my mum.

I don't understand how she somehow manages to enjoy it. You can just see it on her face as she looks at all of the different things on the shelves.

She must've noticed my boredom as she grabbed a packet of rice off the shelf and lobbed it at me. Luckily I caught it before it managed to pummel me in the face.

"Mum!" I groaned, "What was that for?" I laugh whilst putting the rice in the trolley.

She didn't say a word yet smirked and turned around to continue her shop.

I'm lucky to have a mum like her. She means the world to me and truly cares. Sure, I have a couple of secrets, but who doesn't? They aren't exactly end of the world bad.

As I follow her around with the trolley, I pull my phone out of my pocket.

02:03 PM

1 New Text Message

That's unexpected. I open the message app and take a look. It's her.

Billie:

01:47PM - I  thought I said text me?

She did, but I didn't expect her to actually mean it. I thought it was more of a courteous thing. Maybe I should stop underestimating her. She keeps talking to me, so she must want to be friends, right?

Y/n:

Sorry, just got caught up in some stuff.

Now that is a complete lie, I just haven't wanted to bother her.

She must have her phone on her all the time, she's already typing.

Billie:

Wanna hang out again? Tonight?

I've literally seen her the past two days in a row, but I'm not complaining. Surely she's getting bored of me though.

Billie:

I have a show tonight at the O2 again. I'll get you a ticket and you can come in the pit, I'll make sure you get barrier. Then we can chill after?

I  lifted my head back up to see that my mum had walked ahead, still staring at the shelves, a couple of things in her hands. 

I pushed the trolley up to her and turned my phone, face down.

"Can I go out tonight?" I ask, apprehensive of her response

"Depends Y/n. Where, with who, and when are you gonna get back?" she responds, placing the contents of her hands into the trolley, still not focused on me.

"It's with a friend to the O2, they have a spare Billie ticket and have asked me to go." I said.

"You want to go again?" she smiles. "Sure, but message me when you get there and when you're on your way back. I want you to keep your phone on and keep me updated."

That was surprisingly easy. If that was my sister asking she'd give her all kinds of grief. 

"I can do that, thanks mum." I say as she returns to her shopping, luckily taking the trolley, and I open my phone again.

Y/n:

It's a date. I'll see you there.

A date? A DATE? God, what am I thinking? It's too late to delete it now, she's already read it. I could've said anything else and the first word that came to mind was date. What am I doing?

Billie:

Come through that little door again at 8. I'll have someone there to meet you. 

Y/n:

👍

Well, here we go again.