- twenty five -

We spent the next ten days hanging out with Billie's family and it was fucking amazing. Surprisingly, my parents had been eating vegan the entire time. Now that I didn't expect but they seem to be enjoying it.

Everything that we did was on the down low, of course for Billie. We still had fun though with private beaches, hiding in the back of bars and restaurants, etc. It was genuinely insane.

Pretending just to be friends has kind of dampened the mood a little bit. I mean it's not a huge thing but I would have loved to walk through the sand with her hand in mine, or not having to sneak her into my hotel room at 1am.

That was funny to be fair. She always texted me as she was coming up in the lift so she didn't have to knock the door, and I was ready when she arrived. We snuggled in bed and watched tv, listened to music, everything you could literally want.

The only thing I haven't done is been to her house. I'd love to see her room and where she records but I'm not asking, obviously, I respect her boundaries.

Now comes the really shitty part of it all. I'm catching a flight home in the morning.

We'd all met up again for dinner on the final night. This time, I was sat next to Billie and my parents were on the other end of the table.

"I really don't want you to go." Billie remarked.

"I don't want to go either." I replied.

"Neither do I! Back home to work. I'd rather sit in the sun out here." my dad continued jokingly.

We all laughed along but mine and Billie's were faked. I really don't want to leave her.

"So you have a tour here now?" my mum asked, changing the subject.

"Um... Yeah. I'm doing a few stadiums and then also some smaller venues, like I used to when I first started." Billie answered. "I love the smaller venues because I'm up close with all of my fans."

A smile had appeared on her face. She genuinely had a love for her fans and it was adorable.

"You're up close with this one!" my mum joked, pointing at me and laughing.

"Well I'm glad I met this fan." Billie said, sneakily taking my hand under the table.

I smiled back to her as everyone else continued to talk. 

"I can't believe this is really going to be over tomorrow. It doesn't feel real." I said to Billie.

"You know what?" she began, "Let's go somewhere more private so we can really talk."

I gave her a confused look as she got up.

"Can I take Y/n on a little drive?" she asked my parents, "One last time?"

My parents shared a glance for a moment contemplating, but luckily agreed. At least they trust her.

"Not too fast Billie." Maggie commented.

"See you later then." I said, grabbing my phone off the table and following Billie out of the door.

"You drove here?" I asked. 

I thought she would have come with her family but obviously not. As we continued walking I caught sight of her matte black dodge challenger. I can see why she likes it.

"I came straight from a meeting so I brought her with me." she said as we both got in.

"It's gorgeous." I commented as I admired the interior. 

"Not as gorgeous as you." she replied, turning the engine on, the V6 roaring.

"So where are we going then?" I asked.

"Full of questions aren't you?" she joked, "It's a surprise, you'll just have to trust me."

"Ugh, fine." I groaned facetiously, turning my head dramatically.

Ooh, she has a little guitar in the back seat.

"What's this for?" I said, pulling it onto my lap.

She briefly looked at me before returning her focus to the road, ignoring the fact I had a guitar in my lap. 

I turned my body at an angle so I didn't get in her way. Definitely don't want to cause an accident. I've dabbled with a guitar in the past so I know a few chords and some songs.

I strummed the strings and it was perfectly in tune. 

Billie raised her eyebrow and placed a hand over the guitar, muting the strings.

"Not now, Y/n. I'm driving." she said sweetly.

Oh I can't say no to her. Away it goes. I rested it on the backseat again and sat back in my chair, facing out of the windshield.

"Party pooper." I mumbled.

"What?" she asked.

"I didn't say anything." I quickly replied.

"You're such a shitty liar Y/n." she laughed, playfully punching me on the shoulder.

"Where are we actually going?" I asked again. We were driving up a mountain. "You're not planning on pushing me off at the top are you?" 

"Oh my god Y/n you are so dramatic! We're nearly there anyway."

We sat in silence for a few minutes as she continued up the road. Finally, we reached the top and she pulled the car to the side, turning it off. 

"Come on." she beckoned as she got out and walked towards the edge.

I followed and we took a seat on the grass, the city in perfect view below. The lights of the buildings illuminated the night sky, the stars just above beaming down on us, and perfectly in the centre sat a full moon.

"It's beautiful." I remarked.

Actually, I recognise this place. It's where she had the premiere of her documentary 'The World's A Little Blurry'.

 It's where she had the premiere of her documentary 'The World's A Little Blurry'