ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ | ɢᴇɴᴛʟᴇᴍᴀɴ ᴛᴀᴄᴛɪᴄs

*Above is a visual of Julie's jeans*

𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

      Saturday night rolled around, one week after El closed the gate. Julie hadn't spent much time at home, as she felt like she neglecting her friendships with Nancy and Jonathan, and her relationships with the Byers. Since she got back from California, she had barely spoken two words to Joyce.

      Julie slept over at Joyce's house Saturday, Sunday and Friday, and had visted Hopper and El a few times after school. The honey blonde spent most of her days after school with Nancy and Jonathan, and sometimes babysitting Erica or Holly.

      Though it had only been a week, Julie was itching to get back to her normal life, now that her abnormal powers were gone. Her first step was going on a date with Steve.

      Steve had approached Julie at school on Wednesday after their gym class. He caught her just as she was walking out of the locker room and walked her to her next class, while also finalizing the details for the date Julie had agreed to go on.

      The plan was for Steve to pick Julie up, and the two of them were going to see Night of the Comet, a new movie that had recently been released. To Julie, the date was simple, but elegant. What can go wrong with a movie?

•••

      At the Hargrove-Mayfield residence, the eldest child was in the process of getting dressed for her date, with slight assistance from the youngest child. Max was laying on her stomach, reading a comic book on her bed while Julie rummaged through her dresser. She didn't want to wear a dress, because it was freezing outside, but she also didn't want to dress too casual.

      "Okay. I give up." Julie said, collapsing onto her bed, gaining the attention of Max.

      Max rolled her eyes and closed her comic book. "What's your issue?" she asked, sitting up.

      "I can't find an outfit. Help me, please." Julie was very desperate, because Max had already denied two of Julie's previous outfits.

      Max stood from her bed, huffing over to Julie's dresser. She started pulling open drawers, closing them repeatedly, until she found what she was looking for. The red head grabbed the clothes, before turning to face Julie. "For pants, just wear these jeans. You love them, they go with anything," Max raised up Julie's pair of patchwork jeans. "For the shirt, go with this. It's simple and it matches the jeans." in Max's other hand was a fairly new grey shirt. "Just wear your converse and your jean jacket. Wear your hair down, and you'll be great."

      Julie looked at Max as if she was an alien. Max truly was gifted in outfitting. "Well, shit. Thanks." Max nodded, and Julie took the clothes from her hands and made the short journey to the bathroom.

      Pulling on the clothes quickly, Julie pulled her hair from the loose ponytail it was in and splashed water on her frizz. Once it was damp, she brushed it through and added some hairspray so it would stay. Julie sprayed some light perfume on her body, and brushed her teeth for the second time that day.

      When she left the bathroom, the clock on the wall read 6:25. Steve was supposed to be arriving at 6:30. All she had to do was wait anxiously. Her step-mother had other plans.

      Susan walked into the kitchen, pausing as she saw Julie waiting in the living room. "Is your date coming?" she asked. Max must have told her about it.