𝟬𝟬𝟲. testing

LOVER -
act one chapter six

ALTHOUGH CHARLES HAD STEPPED IN HIS FERRARI JUST UNDER TWO WEEKS AGO, Bahrain testing was something he was ultimately more excited for. Day by day he was seemingly getting closer to racing.

The end of the 2021 season had been dramatic to say the least, and all the drivers had deserved a rest after the season. But the past few months had been boring and lonely for Charles. Although he would never admit, especially not to his brothers.

It also made me realize he was married off to formula one. He believed he had so many people he had to please and expectations to live up. And if he were to fall short of them, or disappoint them he couldn't sleep properly at night.

And with the Ferrari being the car it was, he didn't hadn't been meeting his own expectations as of late. The 2019 season had been one filled with ups and downs, the highs of winning Spa and Monza back to back had been the highest highs. The death of ANTHOINE HUBERT had been the lowest of lows.

The 2020 season had been nothing but lows. Ferrari had finished the season in 6th. A winless season with only three podiums. Things seemed to be heating up between Seb and Charles, coming to blows more than MATTIA BINOTTO would've liked.

2021 improved slightly. Well massively, really. CARLOS SAINZ was Charles' new teammate, after a move from Sebastian to Aston Martin. The pair of them were able to achieve a p3 in the constructors championship, after an intense battle with McLaren - which seemed to die down towards the end of the season.

Carlos had managed to bag 4 podiums. While Charles had only managed to get 1, which could've been a victory in Silverstone.

But in contrast to recent years Charles was happy with the progress Ferrari were making but couldn't wait till the red team were finally back on the top step. He was just waiting for that day.

He put all his excitement into concentration into his laps, making sure he wasn't running wide and losing time. Or getting in the way of anyone else laps.

Compared to Barcelona testing the results were mixed. Those with Mercedes engines had seemed to excel in the Spain. But the slow corners of Bahrain seemed to test their cars. PIERRE GASLY had put his alphatauri into P1, the Red Bull power train obviously working a treat for him. Perhaps not SERGIO PEREZ who was P12.

The two Ferrari boys were second and third, Charles third and Carlos second. A shock factor being LANCE STROLL and his Aston Martin in fourth. With ALEX ALBON in his Williams making up the top five.

Day two hadn't been necessarily bad, it was just not up to Charles' standards for himself. After putting his Ferrari in P3 he believed he could push the car even further, the red car was clearly showing to have the pace and elements to do so. But, could only be converted to a P7.

With KEVIN MAGNUSSEN topping the score sheets after being brought back to the sport after a year out of it. And he was definitely proving to be the right choice.

Compared to the previous years Ferrari and the teams in which they supplied their engine to, showed to be actually having some pace. Maybe it was just testing. And the belief that the Mercedes was just sandbagging, but Ferrari, Haas and Alfa Romeo were taking some careful consideration to where their drivers were placing on the score sheets.

📍bahrain international circuit

liked by: scuderiaferrari, charlottesiine, arthur_leclerc, mickschumacher and 2,678,889 others

charles_leclerc: morning session done. good amount of laps and no issues on the car which is positive. let's keep pushing for the last day of testing tomorrow before the first race next week. @scuderiaferrai

view all 589,000 comments.

scuderiaferrari: 😁🏁

arthur_leclerc: i could do better tbh
charles_leclerc: i'd like to see you try tbh
lorenzo_leclerc: you both need a life tbh

charlesxcharlotte: she's back in his likes!!!! omg they might be back together 🥰🥰
username: i pray you get a life 🙏🏻

mickschumacher: my haas is definitely going to be lapping your ferrari
charles_leclerc: in your dreams

Day three was exhilarating. The best day so far for Charles, he was happy with every lap he put out. Although, he did not top the score sheets. On the previous day MAX VERSTAPPEN had been P3, but on the third and final day his Red Bull was at the top.

For Haas they ended testing on a high note, previously Kevin had been at the top. But Mick managed to get his Haas up there too, into P2.

Charles was next to make up the top three. And he was happy to leave the circuit with those results, ready to get in his car next week and see if he could improve on those timings.

AUTHORS NOTE:
charles chapter ❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥
also please stay hydrated everyone, for those in the uk stay as cool as you can and drink as much water as you can <33

but on a much lighter note 🫣🫣