bonus chapter (1/1)

THERE'S NOTHING LIKE CHRISTMAS.

It was just a happier time of the year. Hot chocolate, snow, giving gifts, snow, stringing lights on the tree, snow, staying inside and watching beloved Christmas movies and snow.

Maybe I was a little bit obsessed with snow.

I had never experienced a true White Christmas, since I was born and raised in California. One winter, it had snowed, but it would melt before it would ever stick to the ground. And even with my assignments due to the Navy, I was always stuck somewhere warm for the holidays. Nevertheless, I was used to hot weather year round.

Bob, on the other hand, was from the Midwest. Wisconsin. Which explained a lot. But he was used to the snow, he told me had had grown up shoveling the snow in the driveway before school every morning.

Another difference between us, I was an only child, and Bob had 3 other siblings. He had all sisters, He was a middle child, with two older sisters, and a younger one.

I'd have given anything to have a sister, much less a sibling, growing up.

So Christmases were kinda lonely when we weren't visiting family, but the Floyd household had always been busy.

But this year it was different. I would no longer have to spend it alone with my mother, because Bob and I had moved in a couple months ago. It's been a year and a half since we completed the mission at Top Gun, and we've stayed as each other's wingman's since then. We got moved to the same squadron, so we worked together and saw each other every single day. It just made sense for us to live with each other.

And while I was excited for Christmas presents, I already had Bob, and didn't need anything else. So I had no clue what Bob was going to get me. I was so excited to give him his—

"Good morning," Bob yawns, rubbing his eyes, trying to chase the sleep away.

I sit up all the way in the bed, and stretch. "Good morning, Bob."

"Merry Christmas." He says, a childlike glee in his eyes.

"Merry Christmas." I say back, with a toothy grin.

He sits up, and grabs his glasses on the nightstand. I swiftly take them off his face, and put them on mine. His contact prescription is so strong, that everything looks blurry to me. I know he can't see without them, but I can't see with them.

He tries to grab them, but misses by a good two feet, and I laugh at him. "You missed!"

Bob runs his eyes again, and says, "Scarlett, I bet you look beautiful in my glasses. But can I have them back, I can't see anything without them."

I blush so hard, and I eventually hand them back to him.

"Thank you," he says, and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "Are we going to do breakfast now, or presents?"

I pretend to look shocked, "Is that even a question? Presents."

We both get out of bed, in our Christmas pajamas, and make our way to the Christmas tree we bought and decorated earlier this month.

"Okay you have to open this one first," I say, handing him a large box.

He smiles, pushing up his glasses, while lightly shaking it.

"Just open it already!" I say excited.

He rolls his eyes at my antics, and I stick out my tongue at him. He grins, "If you need something to keep that tongue occupied—"

I flush and yell at him, "Bob! You can't just say stuff like that!"

"You do it all of the time, Red. Why can't I?" He asks, and I know he's right. Usually, I was the bold one in our relationship, but Bob had gotten comfortable with me. Sometimes, I still got surprised from the words that left his mouth.