chapter 7: clue and poppy seeds

I probably read those texts over a thousand times to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

Did Matt just say he had something to do with the Instagram profile? And was Alana telling him to lie about it to me?

My hands were buzzing.

Alana saw that I read the texts, so I lied and said I was Chris. I told her that he found his phone, but all I wanted to do was understand what the fuck was happening.

I sat Matt's phone down, and walked back to Chris' bed. I had so many questions. I didn't understand.

Why would Alana do that to me? Why would MATT do that to me?

My thoughts dispersed as Chris entered the room with the Jenga and a huge smile on his face. "We also have Clue, by the way. But only if you wanna play it," he said. I could tell he wanted to play it.

I stared at him before saying, "Go get Clue."

He leaped at the opportunity. Normally, that would've been adorable to me, but all I could see was red.

Nick runs into the room, fully out of breath with Chris and I talking on the bed

Nick runs into the room, fully out of breath with Chris and I talking on the bed. I had the fakest smile painted on my face as I looked at him.

"We...raced...I...won." He said between breaths.

Chris stood up to look out the window. "They're both still outside. Matt's literally taking pictures of Alana."

Nick looks out the window in disbelief. "Are you fucking kidding me? They are SO SLOW!" He claps his hands lightly before flopping in between me and Chris.

I did not want to see Matt or Alana at all. The thought of Alana hugging me, acting like we're friends, when she told Matt to stay silent about the Instagram?

Bullshit.

I said I was gonna go to my room to find a hoodie, but instead, I closed the door behind me and sat on the ground with my back against it. All I wanted right now was to be alone.

After being in my room for a little over 5 minutes, I heard Matt and Alana's voice grow louder as they went upstairs to Chris' room

Someone left Chris' door open, so I was able to hear their conversation.