21

"Jisung. Wake up."

The idol wouldn't lie, he felt a slight disappointment in waking up in his own bed. Still, the memories from the day before provided him some comfort. Unfortunately, his joyous trip down memory lane was cut short by a grave voice.

"Han Jisung, I'm serious. You need to get up now."

Opening his eyes, Jisung was surprised to find his roommates serious face matching the serious tone. 

"What's wrong?" The rapper sat up, feeling a certain sense of anxiety. 

Thrusting his phone towards the sleepy man, Seungmin frowned, nervously chewing on his nails. "Someone saw you."

The statement caused Jisung's whole world to stop, and looking at the device that was now in his quivering hands didn't help.

Breaking News! Stray Kids' Han seen going around town with mystery date! Fans in uproar!

He scrolled down, eyes landing on something that made his stomach sink. 

Pictures.

Granted, they were poor due to the weather and distance they were taken at, but if anyone was looking, they could easily see it was the rapper. What set his mind at a slight ease was that Minho's identity was hidden. In every picture, his face was obscured by a tree or the angle was wrong.

Despite that, the final picture was the worst.

From the angle, Minho's face was covered by the hood, but one could still see that Jisung was quite close to this mystery date. Close enough for their lips to touch.

"They're just blurry pictures." Jisung mumbled, feeling Seungmin's pity look directed towards him. "You can't even tell that anything's happening, they've got no proof."

"That's-" The roommate stopped himself, wondering if it really was a smart idea to share the following information. Still, it was his dilemma, he needed to  see it all. "There's more."

Leaning over, Seungmin scrolled further to the comments, the harsh words on full display.

"I cannot be the only one who thinks that looks like a guy."

"He's still in the group?? What is the company thinking??"

"Disgusting. I knew I never should have liked them in the first place."

"Kick him out, seriously."

Each word stung Jisung, but he tried to keep a brave face.

"The company called while you were sleeping." Seungmin hated to be the one to bear the news. "They want to see you, immediately."

Jisung nodded, not sure what he would say if he even could speak. He stood up, moving to get ready, but his roommate was faster.

Trapping Jisung in his arms, Seungmin held him tight, trying to be as comforting as he could. Still, it was hard in this situation. "It'll be ok, I know it. They just want to clear things up."

Jisung could only wish that his friend was right.

"Thanks, Seungmin." The rapper whispered, greatly appreciating the embrace although it was doing nothing to calm him. 

"Just remember, Jisung. We're all here for you, no matter what happens." The roommate let go, letting him get his affairs in order. "There's a car downstairs waiting for you."

Stepping out of his room, Jisung was horrified to realize he would have to walk through the front room, the place where everyone was gathered, in order to get outside. 

Taking a breath, he kept his head low, wishing he was invisible. Still, his pleading didn't work, because as soon as he met the others, the room fell silent. He knew they were all watching him, unsure of what to say. 

He gave them a nod, his spirits low. "I'll be back."

Hopefully.

Maybe they'd just do what they should and fire him on the spot. 

Stepping out the door, Jisung had only made it down the hall a little bit before discovering he had been followed. 

Grabbing Jisung's hand, Minho pulled him close, refusing to let go. "I'm coming with you."

"No you are not, Minho." Jisung shook his head, attempting to push the older away, but those strong arms never let up. "Stay here, I'll get this figured out."

"Just let me come with you. This is my fault anyway, I'll explain everything. I'll take the heat, Ji." Minho was panicked, desperately begging the younger. "Please."

"Minho." The rapper's tone was solid. He softened up a bit, allowing the older to hold him. "I can fix this. If I need you, I'll call you right away. I promise."

Knowing he was defeated, Minho rested his forehead against the younger's. "You should have just worn that stupid jacket when I told you to."

Gently moving to press his lips on the older's cheek, Jisung just laughed. "I prefer a challenge."

Minho closed his eyes at the sensation, the frown easing up a bit. "Do you regret it?"

Resting his hands on Minho's cheeks, Jisung was completely honest. "Not for a second."