2 year - Inevitable outcome

"Congratulations, you have come this far. Although we have lost a few along the way, I must admit that more people have survived than I thought"

As Professor Chabashira uttered these words, her gaze instinctively went to Ike, who, realizing it, smiled scratching his head.

She was right, it's surprising that class D, so disastrous at the beginning, had managed to reach the end of the second year with almost all of its members, becoming class B and only 50 points behind class A.

Even more taking into account the policy of the new president Miyabi Nagumo, who completely changed the foundations of the institute, radically raising the percentage of expulsions.

Say that it was only thanks to my support from the shadows would be a lie, these people had an evident evolution, and they achieved all this thanks to teamwork that was non-existent before.

In fact, my presence in various cases was a hindrance more than an advantage, due to attempts by Tsukishiro and the students in the white room to expel me, such as in the final exam of the first year.

But I was already aware of it... or rather, everything I had done until now was to get to this moment, in these conditions.

The teacher left, leaving us euphoric alone in the class, to talk and celebrate the end of the year.

I have to hurry, before someone leaves the classroom, everyone have to listen what I am going to say.

After a deep sigh, I got up from my chair, heading to the teacher's desk.

Arrived in position, I turned to my companions, who surprised, concentrated all their eyes on me.

I cleared my throat to speak up.

"This is quite an awkward situation, so I will be direct, I have decided to change class"

Everyone in front of me stood motionless with open eyes, incredulous at such a sudden and unannounced declaration.

The only exception was Koenji.

After a quick glance, seemed to lose interest in what was going on.

He lowered his feet from his desk, stood up and leaving the room raising his hand in greeting gesture exclaimed

"You never stop surprising me, Ayanokogi-boy"

Then silence again.

After a few seconds that seemed eternal, the first voices began to rise.

"What are you talking about, have you gone completely insane?"

"How can you blurt out something like that without giving us an explanation?"

Ike and Sudou were the first to express their opinion.

Between the rows, a girl stood up, her face was unabashedly furious.

"Damn bastard, Airi was expelled because of you, and now this"

"Calm down Haruka"

Akito tried to stop his partner, but her anger was irrepressible

"You plan to leave us and join class A at the last moment. You never cared about us, you only think about yourself"

There was a grain of truth in Hasebe's words, what she couldn't imagine, was that I was actually going to join the current D-class.

I had already discussed it with Kanzaki, who I help rise to the power of the class and change everyone's aspirations just for this moment. And Ichinose, who kept most of the points in the class, obviously agreed as well.

Points at the end of the second year:

Sakayanagi's Class A  - 1100 points

Horikita's Class B        - 1050 points

Ryuuen's Class C         - 974 points

Ichinose's Class D        - 896 points

I also spoke to Sakayanagi, who knowing my intentions, decided to purposely lose several exams, hidden from his classmates, in order to even out the scores of the various classes.

Without Katsuragi to contradict him, is free to manipulate his class as she please, similar to Nagumo's control over the third year.

With the point difference she was driving at the beginning of the second year and her intellect, it would have been impossible to close that distance. She already said it once, these things don't matter to her, she was willing to lose points and teammates just if she believes it will entertain her more.

In the current situation, starting the last year being so close for her was one last challenge, another chance to show that she could surpass me.

Knowing his character, it was not difficult to take advantage of it to create the situation I wanted.

And Ryueen, well I didn't need to tell him anything, from the first moment his goal was always to show that he was the best, and with his efforts he arrive where is now.

 After the roof, he has become a formidable enemy, who deserves to be able to fight on the same level as Sakayanagi.

Among the multitude of voices, the one who could surely be considered my best friend in this school, and in general, rose to protect me once again.

"Guys, calm down. If he has the necessary points to do so, it would be wiser to wait until later, now that the classes are so close, there is no certainty who will be class A at the end. If Ayanokogi has decided to make this decision now, surely has a deeper reason than that."

As expected of Hirata, he had perfectly understood my intentions.

With a firm step, Horikita stood next to me and loudly addressed the class.

"Hirata's right, Ayanokogi isn't that stupid, and if he really is, it's better for us if he wants to leave. He is simply using his points as he wants, we cannot be angry if he follows a game that we all accepted the day we entered this school. 

We just passed our second year, it's not worth wasting our time with him, who doesn't want to be here, free to leave, he'll regret it when we become class A. Now I don't know about you, but I'd rather go celebrate"

Saying this, the brunette turned around, and with a look that would never have been possible on her a season ago, she said to me in a low voice.

"This is for all the times you helped me, but get ready, I'm going to crush you with everything I have"

"I don't expect anything else, please meet my expectations"

Returning his menacing look, I replied. Saying this, she left the class, and the people, in agreement with her, decided to follow.

Thanks to his words, she had made people lose interest in me, sparing me a bad moment and the wrath of my classmates.

Horikita Suzune, there was no doubt that he had become a true leader.

It had always been a diamond in the rough, it just needed someone to refine it.

Always running after her brother's shadow, she has never realized that the shadow she will cast in the future will be even greater. 

That's why Manabu was upset with the situation, he knew that wanting to imitate him was a limitation for his sister, because her roof would allow her to do even more amazing things.

Out of all the people in this school, there was no doubt that she had the best chance of outdoing me, and proving my father wrong.

Little by little, they all left the class, leaving it empty. Everyone, except one.