3 year - Our last night

Leaving the karaoke, I said goodbye to Kanzaki and Himeno, and headed to the dorms.

Meanwhile, I began to look at the cinema, the cafeteria, the store. All the places I passed on the way to my room.

A nostalgic feeling made its way into my head, remembering all the moments spent in those places, which in 24 hours I would never see again.

Irony of fate, thinking about it, I got a message, a number that even after a year I kept remembering,  someone with whom I had spent the best of those moments.

If this message had come any other day, I would have thought it was some kind of strategy to try to distract me or fuse me in preparation for the final exam.

But now that we were over it and just had to wait for tomorrow's results, there was no need to worry.

Even in that case, if one of the previous days had happened, I would surely have gone to the appointment just the same, I couldn't resist, but much more cautious.

As the text requested, I arrived at the indicated place.

The area was not a very trafficked place and most of the students were celebrating the end of their studies.

It was very unlikely that anyone would pass by, being the last night.

Even if she was sitting on a bench with her back turned, I recognized her golden hair pulled back in a ponytail through that blue tie.

One last talk before we leave school huh...interesting.

At her side, I sat a scant half meter from her, who turned around when found out about my presence.

"I must admit that I did not expect that message"

More than once I have thought of calling her and meeting her one last time to talk, it was the least I owed her. But I always thought it was better not to get close to each other again just before we parted ways.

"Not even a greeting? Have you missed education this year?"

"Yeah, sorry. Hello Karuizawa"

"Apparently I haven't taught you anything"

The conversation has started off abruptly, but I'm used to us snapping at each other.

"Is there a particular reason for bringing me here?"

"I wanted to talk to you for a while, one last talk now that there are no reasons to be confronted"

"I understand, then it's fine"

"Wrong answer, here you had to say that the reason doesn't matter as long as it's with a pretty girl like me"

"I'll sign it up"

Saying that, he crossed his arms in disapproval.

"I see you are still bad at dealing with the opposite sex"

"Without your wise teachings it's difficult"

"Of course. Are you still not smiling?

"Yep"

"Oh God, what's wrong with you. Well, I'm actually kind of glad to hear it."

Would I have to tell her that she managed to draw a tear from me instead?

Nah, bad idea. If she realized this, it would be counterproductive.

Kei looked up with a proud face, but an instant later, her gaze became more serious.

"Have you achieved the goal you were looking for?"

Seeing the change that the conversation has given, I adapted my voice to it.