XXIX - Kenny's Birthday Party!

Number Five and Number Eight had blinked back to the Academy, only it was definitely not how they had left it. The whole building was a pile of rubble, with ash and smoke erupting from the ground. Thick, black smoke was billowing through the air and deep amber flames had engulfed any of the remaining bricks and concrete.

"Oh my God... What the hell happened?!" Number Eight yelled as she arrived on the scene, noticing Klaus and Diego standing in front of where the Academy once stood.

"Help me search!" Diego yelled, borderline hysterical. He was rummaging through piles of rubble, searching for something, or someone.

"Diego. Just stop it. Stop." Klaus said, grabbing Diego's arm.

"Let me go. What are you doing?!" Diego began to stutter, regressing back to his childhood.

"Stop. Stop. He's gone! He's - he's gone, Diego, okay?" Klaus said, gripping Diego tightly to stop him from flailing any further.

Number Eight instantly knew who Klaus was talking about. A large lump formed in her throat. "No, Klaus. Don't tell me. Don't tell me that Viktor was in there. Please." She said, her voice breaking. Number Five held onto her hand, gripping it tightly and supportively. He was trying his best to figure out what had gone wrong.

"What about Pogo?" Diego said quietly.

"He didn't make it." Said Luther, approaching the group. Allison was behind him, walking gingerly. She had a rectangular bandage around her neck and was unable to speak, but at least she was alive.

"What?" Said Number Eight, shocked. She was barely able to put another sentence together.

"Viktor killed him." Luther said bluntly, his face full of anger. Everybody looked at him in disbelief, including Ben's ghost, who was standing beside Klaus.

Klaus shook his head. "But Viktor wouldn't-"

"No. I saw it. Just before we got out." Luther said.

"Mom. Now Pogo." Diego gasped, having to sit down. His hard and tough exterior had immediately softened, and his mind was full of emotions.

Number Five suddenly noticed a newspaper drifting along the ground; that's when everything clicked. "Guys. This is it." He said, picking the paper up. "The apocalypse is still on. The world ends today." He released a shaky breath.

"I thought you said it was over." Luther said, speaking what was on everyone's mind.

"I was wrong, okay. This newspaper, I found it in the future the day I got stuck. The headline hasn't changed." Number Five said, his energy erratic.

Diego shook his head in disbelief, turning the corners of his mouth towards. "No, that doesn't mean anything. The time could have been altered since that newspaper came out this morning."

"