chapter ii. you're better off

"Kids! Meet my trainee, this is Aiko..."

Kakashi motioned with his hand forward while speaking with a bored tone. He waited expectedly for Aiko to finish his sentence for him and watched the irritated glare arch her amber gaze.

"Hatake, you know I don't have a clan name." She shot and watched him laugh awkwardly with a hand rubbing the back of his head.  "So annoying as usual."

"You know Kakashi Sensei personally?!" A blonde boy yelled with a finger pointed.

Aiko smiled warmly as she gazed down at the small village outcast. His little whiskers on his round cheeks were so endearing to her. Between Sasuke's many complaints growing up and the words of the villagers, she knew exactly who this child was. Naruto Uzumaki, the Jinchuriki of the Nine Tailed Fox.

He's so cute up close!

"Not really, wouldn't want to wish that on my worst enemy. But I've work with him off and on during his Anbu days." Aiko shrugged with a bright expression. It sometimes scared her how easily she could turn it on and shut it off. The grins and soft stare, gone with a flip of a switch inside. Does that mean her feelings are not genuine? If it did, then what exactly determined what was real.

"You were an Anbu?"

"That's enough questions. We'll start off with introductions everyone. Starting with Sakura, just like the first day we will do full names and preferences." Kakashi ordered with an agitated gaze. Aiko was amused at how irritated he got with Naruto's curiosity but said nothing.

"My name is Sakura Haruno! I like flowers and..." She drifted with a flushed face before resuming, "I hate Naruto. I want to be a strong Kunoichi one day!"

Aiko frown at the pink haired girl before clicking her tongue. She really did not like watching people be bullied. Especially knowing that the person Sakura bullied was someone she will most like depend on to keep her alive. Team mates should get along to a certain degree.

"Do you actually mean that, Haruno?" Aiko questioned in a serious tone and solid gaze. "Do you hate the team mate you are meant to depend on as long as you're together?"

Sakura face flushed deeply and she shook her head with a sigh. She stared away and almost looked like a kicked puppy. Aiko did not realize how cute Sasuke and his team mates were. She would have visited a long time ago if she did.

"Next." Kakashi's voice droned and Naruto grinned brightly.

"My name is Naruto Uzumaki! Believe it! I love ramen and I will be Hokage one day!" His energy was high and he was loud but it made Aiko smile. He had so much hope and confidence in his gaze. Aiko missed being young and bright. She knows she was never truly hopeful but was optimistic when she was younger.

The whiskers are so cute! Maybe I'll paint Sasuke's face one day.

"Alright, go ahead Aiko."

"But what about Sasuke!" Naruto interjected loudly. Aiko grimaced for a moment and realized why Naruto could possibly be annoying after a while. Loud and interrupting can strike a nerve after a few times in a row.

"I don't have to introduce myself to my big sister, dumbass." Sasuke spoke with an annoyed glare before Naruto gasped dramatically.

Aiko could not help but to flush at the sound of Sasuke boasting that she was his older sibling. Especially with knowing who originally took her spot, it made her heart do summersaults to know Sasuke spoke so proudly of her. To be held to the same affections as the strongest person she knew.

"I've never seen her!"

"She was always on missions up until this week."

"Prove it!"