Entrance

As Chan and Rose walked into the JYP building, Changbin was waiting to greet them.

"Rosie-Noona!"

The rapper ran towards her and picked her up, spinning her around in excitement.

"Binnie!"

"You're back! I missed you so much!"

Rose laughed as he put her back down on her feet.

"If only everyone was so happy to see me."

"What are you talking about? Of course, they'll be happy."

Chan walked over and placed a hand on the rapper's shoulder.

"Changbin, can you take Rose to the dance studio? I've got... something to do first."

"Sure, no problem, Hyung."

Chan pulled the rapper aside and whispered in his ear.

"Don't let her out of your sight."

Changbin looked a little puzzled but nodded. Linking his arm through Rose's, he led her towards the elevator. He kept up mindless chatter as they travelled through the company building. When he held open a door, she walked in but was a little confused when she saw that the room was empty. She turned to the rapper to see an unusually serious expression on his face.

"Binnie?"

"The whole time you were gone, I haven't been able to stop thinking about that day. The day you left. And how I shouldn't have let you leave. I could've stopped you. Instead, that was almost the last time I saw you... Why? Why did you do it? And don't tell me it was to save our careers. Do you know what you leaving did to us?!"

He had just wanted to talk to her before they joined the others. He wanted to hear from her why she left so that he could understand better. He had a feeling she would need someone on her side to help defend her from the less forgiving members. However, he didn't mean to get so emotional, but it was hard to think of how they almost lost her.

"Do you think it was easy for me to leave?! That I wanted to go and leave the people I love in that way? I hate myself for doing that to you. I feel guilty every day and constantly question whether I made the right decision. But JYP said - I mean, I -"

Rose cut herself off. She didn't mean to bring up their boss. She hoped that the rapper didn't catch it, but she wasn't that lucky, and his eyes narrowed.

"What did JYP say?"

"Um, he, er -"

Changbin grabbed her arms, leaving no room for escape.

"Noona! Tell me. What did he say?"

Rose sighed but looked Changbin in the eye as she told him.

"He said Stray Kids would lose a member."

Suddenly it all made sense to him. Changbin knew there had to have been a bigger, more immediate threat to make Rose take such drastic actions. Although he wasn't sure if he believed that JYP's threat was real, he believed that Rose thought it was.

"He what?! He threatened to kick Chan-Hyung out of the group?! Stray Kids wouldn't exist if it wasn't for him!"

"Don't... Don't tell the others. I know how much you look up to him, especially Chan. I - I don't want to hurt him."

The rapper laughed bitterly, still angry from what Rose had just told me.

"A bit late for that. He told me what you said to him that day."

"I know I went too far. I hurt Chan. I used his own fears against him, and I'll never forgive myself for it, but I had to save him, all of you because I know that Stray Kids is going to do amazing things."