ELEVEN | finally back

"It's freezing in here."

"After four months in the sub-basement, this is cozy. It's like March of the Penguins down there."

"It is so nice being back in the presence of a dead body — that came out absolutely wrong."

"It absolutely did."

Flash!

"Uh, Timothy."

"Sorry, Ducky." McGee lowers the camera that snapped a picture of the M.E.. "It's, uh, been a while."

Ducky steps closer to the woman's head. "Yes, it has."

Gibbs enters the room, awaiting our findings and observations. The thermostat temperature combined with the postmortem hits reveal more as to what really happened.

"McGee, get a hold of DiNozzo. Tell him I want to see the records and service file of the guy who jumped overboard."

Gibbs stalks upstairs where an impatient Vance waits.

"Got it, boss."

The three of us return to our respectful desks to work on our designated tasks. My gaze, however, turns to the closest picture frame in the corner.

A goofy picture Tony had insisted on taking of the two of us years ago.

When the credit card charges of Lieutenant Chad Evans — the man who jumped overboard — appear in Cartagena, Colombia, Tony makes a one-day trip over.

Only to find the body of Lieutenant Evans.

"You called, Gibbs?"

The elder man silently signals for me to keep quiet as Vance talks to the Captain aboard the Seahawk.

"This will not be a manhunt, Captain. Last thing you want to do is to panic him. Agent DiNozzo will conduct his investigation when he returns to the ship."

My ears perk at the mention of his name.

"In the meantime, you might want to start verifying your personnel. . .discreetly."

"Consider it done."

Vance waves his under his chin to one of the workers, and the feed is cut off from both ends. He then turns to me and Gibbs.

"Pack your bags, Agent Gibbs. Your boy's going to need some help."

"Agent Giudice, too?"

"I don't see why not."

Just like that, Gibbs and I are on our way to see Tony after four long months without his physical presence.

"Gibbs flew out to Cartagena last night? Well, when does he get here?"

"Already has. And he brought a guest."

Tony looks back, the satellite phone still pressed to his ear. I feel the happiest of tears prick my eyes before I dash towards him.

Long abandoning the phone, the agent afloat catches me in his arms and embraces me.

"Well, didn't you get tanned."

"Just to impress my wife-to-be."

And nothing's changed.

With part of the team reunited, Tony guides us back onto the Seahawk where we can start the investigation of who's impersonating Lieutenant Evans.

Beep, beep. Beep, beep.

Gibbs walks ahead to answer the call, leaving me alone with Tony.

"You definitely aged over the last four months." My lips tighten to a thin line while I run fingers through his hair.

𝐍𝐎 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒 ━━ 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐳𝐳𝐨On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara