Rehab

When Scarlett woke up the next morning she looked up to see Amelia reading some papers next to her.
"Hi," Scarlett said softly and rolled over so she was facing her mom.
"Good morning," Amelia replied with a warm smile. She leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to her daughter's head.
Amelia's smile faded so Scarlett asked,
"What is it?"
She was familiar with that look by now.

"We need to have a talk," Amelia said as she closed the folder she had on her lap.Scarlett realized Amelia was serious so she sat up and faced her.
"Scarlett, last night you scared me. I thought you died," Amelia started with.
"I'm sorry," Scarlett said sincerely as she realized how upset her mother was.
"I'm really worried about you and I can't trust you anymore. I think you need to be monitored 24/7 and under constant surveillance because I can't go through that again, and neither can you," Amelia explained to her.
Scarlett didn't know what to say so she continued to listen silently.
"Before you came to live with me I met this girl, Betty. She's about your age and she needed help just like you," the woman continued on.
"Just like me?" Scarlett questioned.
Amelia nodded and said,
"I tried to help her and I couldn't all by myself. However, I did help her find a rehab facility and they were able to help her stay clean."
"What are you trying to say?" Scarlett asked in a scared tone.
"Scarlett, I know your opinion on rehab but sweetheart, this is for your own good," Amelia started with.
Scarlett started to shake her head in disbelief as Amelia softly took a hold of her hands.
"I promise you. Everything will be okay and I will be here for you," Amelia said to her.
"You're sending me away?" Scarlett was able to choke out.
"It's only for a month and its going to help you get clean," Amelia told her.
Scarlett felt her walls go up immediately and she let go of Amelia.
"Get out," she said lowly.
"Scarlett-"
"Now!" the girl said and raised her voice.
Amelia sighed and then got up and left the room.

Amelia knew there was going to be a negative reaction but she didn't think it was going to be this.

When Amelia walked out she ran into Meredith, Maggie and Zola.
"Is Scarlett awake?" Zola asked with a hopeful smile.
Amelia forced a smile and said,
"Yeah-"
As soon as Zola heard that she ran towards the room.
"Don't-" Amelia tried to warn, but she was too late. Zola opened the door and ran over to Scarlett's bed.

"Is everything okay?" Meredith asked.
"Yeah, how did she take he rehab news?" Maggie wanted to know.
"Not well," Amelia said and started to walk back into her daughter's room.

Back in Scarlett's room Zola was sitting on the bed across from her older cousin.
"I am so sorry you had to find me like that," Scarlett said to her younger cousin.
"I'm just glad you're okay," Zola said and then leaned in for a hug. Scarlett wrapped her arms around the child and as she looked up, she caught Amelia's eye.
Zola pulled back and said,
"Mommy said you were going on a vacation for a while to get better. I'm going to miss you."
Scarlett looked at Zola and then to Amelia and just stared at her for a moment. Then she returned her attention to her cousin and said,
"I'm going to miss you too. The vacation is meant to help me so I don't scare you again."
"Good," Zola said with a small smile.
"Because I don't want to lose you. You're like my big sister."
That made Scarlett's heart shatter and she realized Zola now depended on her and she didn't want to let her down.
"You won't lose me, I promise," the girl said and pulled the child in for another hug. Amelia smiled at the two and then got pulled away by Owen. Maggie and Meredith joined Zola and Scarlett.

"How is she?" Owen asked, after pulling Amelia to the side.
"Not too happy about rehab, but I think she understands it's what's best," Amelia told him and crossed her arms.
"I think you're doing the right thing," Owen said to her with a warm smile and put a hand on her arm. Amelia backed away and said,
"I wasn't looking for validation but thanks."
Then she turned and walked back into her child's room.