Chapter 07: Phew, Crisis Averted!

A/N: This is the conclusion to Part One: Clubroom Conundrum (Loki's Version)! I hope y'all enjoyed Loki's POV chapters!

LOKI

THE NEXT day, I kept my mouth zipped and chose not to bother Lorelei about my favor when we walked past each other in the living room of our apartment. Not when she hadn't had her daily mug of hot chocolate yet. Timing was everything. If I got pushy, it might turn her possible "yes" into "no." So I'd give her the time and space that she needed. I'd let her mull over it until she's ready to decide. This time, I hoped that she wouldn't ghost me.

I stayed in the clubroom for the duration of the morning break. While waiting for Lorelei—should she find the courage to let me know her decision—I turned on my laptop and opened my email. There's nothing new in my inbox. I clicked the refresh button repeatedly, hoping that I received a new message from someone who I had been waiting to reply.

But no new email came. Nada.

Was waiting for her email the same as waiting to snow in a tropical country like the Philippines?

My eyes shut close for a full minute. When I opened them again, I went to my drafts and accessed the email that I started composing yesterday morning. It's left unfinished because I failed to find the right words to write. I also got distracted by this clubroom debacle.

From my laptop screen, my eyes flickered to the vacant seat on my right. Then my gaze returned to the email. My fingers began typing as if the words began to flow naturally from my mind.

To: Rhea (rhiannon.delos.reyes@qmail.com)
Subject: Just checking on you

Message:

How are you doing?

It's been three weeks since I sent my last email to you. You haven't got back to me yet. It's either you're too busy to check or you don't open your email as regularly as I do.

In any case, I'm writing to express how the status quo bores me. Without you, this world lacks the colors it once had when you were around. It's become dull and monotonous. I wonder how long I can endure the mundane.

Of all the people who know me, you have the most awareness of how much I abhor the dismal routine of existence. Everything's so ordinary, everyone's so boring, everything's so gray. I've been looking for an added tinge of color in my life, but it has always escaped my grasp ever since you left.

You'll surely agree with me if I say that I need to find a distraction, an escape from this repetitive and depressing reality. If you were only here, it would still be a lotta fun and challenging. I always find your opposition to my views thought-provoking.

Now, I'm in a constant pursuit of diversion to keep my mind stimulated and my monsters at bay. It may be an endless chase—and I don't know if it's a worthwhile quest—but this is the best alternative I've got so far.